Acacia Strain/Djenty guitar tone, song in the works!

dude, this sounds great. i like the intro, how did you do that effect? this actually sounds more like the dead walk tone than wormwood to me. creative riffs too, i dig.

p.s. I'm going to TaS and VoM in the chicago house of blues in a few weeks. so stoked!

dude, this sounds great. i like the intro, how did you do that effect? this actually sounds more like the dead walk tone than wormwood to me. creative riffs too, i dig.

Thanks! For the intro, I just automated a low pass filter and for the tape scrubbing effect part I automated some down-sampling and pitch detune D-Fi plugins in Pro Tools.

yea dude that was sick! i play that same kinda of stuff. i was wondering if you could give me some pointers in going about getting that kinda tone..ive had the axe fx for about 3 days now and havent had much time to mess with it and im really eager to lay down some tracks! awesome job man.

yea dude that was sick! i play that same kinda of stuff. i was wondering if you could give me some pointers in going about getting that kinda tone..ive had the axe fx for about 3 days now and havent had much time to mess with it and im really eager to lay down some tracks! awesome job man.

Hey sorry for the super late reply, classes are killing me this quarter haha. I had a super tough time getting my head around the Axe-Fx at first, and getting a metal tone that was pleasing. The best piece of advice I could give that helped me is when setting up patches always start from scratch and always pretend like you are dealing with a real studio situation. For example try to use two different cabs, use a condenser AND a dynamic mic simulation, and experiment heavily with the brightcap setting on the amp as well as the air setting on the cabs. Hope I could help!

yo just checking out the edit update clip. i don't dig that opening riff at all but everything from there on is pure genius! love it. Also wndrn how you got that glitchy stutter tremolo sound. that was cool.

Yeah, I was thinking about BKP's Aftermath, but I just don't know if I'm sold on it really. I mean, I have cold sweats in my 6 string and they're okay, a little too trebley sometimes though. Are the Lundgrens sterile sounding at all?? I've heard people say that, but then again I suppose they wouldn't be so renowned if they had unpleasant characteristics hahah.

Kick ass playing man! The tone is nice it just seems a little to compressed, not getting the meat out of the guitar imo.

PS BKP are kick ass! I don't have the Aftermath but I have the Miracle Man which is like a passive version of an EMG-81 so it is hot as shit but also has some warmth to it and nice passive tones. I have two threads on the forums with tracks with my guitar with the BKP used alongside the fractal. I love these pick ups! Check it.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra...arth-all-guitars-bass-tracked-ultra-unit.html
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-recordings/42554-death-metal-track-2-a.html

Wow that sounded great!
Freshest downtuned metal I've heard in a long time...unique writing.
Amazingly clear tone for all that gain.
PLEASE RE-UPLOAD! TIA
PS: what the hell is it with this forum, after some time all the uploads are gone, dang frustrating

"The tone is nice it just seems a little to compressed" lmfao, a little of the kettle/frypan thing goin on....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom