About the guitar on Amy Winehouse "Back to black". How do I get that sound on ultra?

webe123

Inspired
I recently heard Amy Winehouse "back to black" and absolutely LOVE the "secret agent" guitar on that. But I have not had my Axe Fx Ultra very long. Can someone give me the settings I need to get that sound?

Here is the official video for it...

‪Amy Winehouse - Back To Black‬‏ - YouTube

You can hear the guitar when she goes into the chorus near 1:18 of the video. Sounds like a very 60's sounding "secret agent" guitar sound. Those of you who may have watched old movies with secret agents from the 60's on TV will know the sound I am talking about.

Any help you can give would be great. Thanks.

By the way, the thing that got me to listen to her music was the report of her death. I was never into her much before, but I like the way she combined the old 60's sound with a modern sound. It is also very sad that someone like that so talented would "check out" of this life so soon. 27 years old is WAY too young for someone to die.

Sad that this video itself is supposed to be her mourning for someone who died of a drug overdose! Sad how her life imitated this video. RIP Amy Winehouse.

By the way, this guitar kind of reminds me of a gmae I palyed on my PC years ago called "No one lives forever" It was about a female spy in the 60's. The theme for that is here. The "secret agent" guitar in it is very cool ,also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQdGc2zacw

Last edited:
A fender amp model with a healthy dose of tremelo and spring reverb added will get you in the ball park.

Check out portishead sourtimes for a similar style of guitar tone.

....Sounds like a very 60's sounding "secret agent" guitar sound....

Ha!!! I was actually tried to dial in the same kind of thing just the other night with very limited success. Watched a Bond movie and was "hey, I need to learn to play that"

Now I'm think I'm heading in a better direction thanks to the suggestions. Thanks for asking the question!

Ha!!! I was actually tried to dial in the same kind of thing just the other night with very limited success. Watched a Bond movie and was "hey, I need to learn to play that"

Now I'm think I'm heading in a better direction thanks to the suggestions. Thanks for asking the question!

If you come up with anything, post your findings here.

Back
Top Bottom