About routing with bass

feliperigby

Inspired
I Know here using Axe-Fx 2 we're few...

But how do you route the axe fxII for gigs?
Using poweramp?
Bass amplifiers?
Or just send directly for the PA?

What's the best option?

Ps: I wish Fractal Audio made more bass amp options... SVT is good, but 3 or 4 more options would be great hahaha

I Know here using Axe-Fx 2 we're few...

But how do you route the axe fxII for gigs?
Using poweramp?
yes

Bass amplifiers?
yes, front end for pedal & effects and or in an effects loop

Or just send directly for the PA?
yes

What's the best option?
There is no "best" option, only one that works "best" for a specific bassist with specific needs for a specific situation. Personally, I use the AxeFx direct for everything: amp model, cab simulation, pedals, effects...the whole thing. Running into a Crown Power amp (mono) bi-amped into a full range speaker system (2 cabs, each with a Ciare 15" coaxial).

Ps: I wish Fractal Audio made more bass amp options... SVT is good, but 3 or 4 more options would be great hahaha
Yes, a number of people have also requested this. The AxeFx is a pricey solution for a bass preamp, but you get a lot of processors for the money (and a tuner). Replaced my SVT, and rack tuner, Sans Amp Bass Driver pedal, rack FX processor (G-Force) and rack compressor. My AxeFX based rig is more light weight and portable, and has much more flexibility of tone than my old rig ever had.

I can see where some bassists may not be able to justify the price tag, especially if all they need is a couple simple bass tones and their effects processing needs are few. But if you like to explore tones and like to expand into a variety of different sonic areas, then the AFX is the perfect tool. I highly recommend any of them, but the AFXII really kicks serious ass. Right now for me, the AxeFx is the ONLY tool that allows me the freedom to do just about anything I can think of with tone, dynamics processing, effects, and live pedal control of those tones/effects. Add USB recording functionality plus AxeEdit for ease of backups, loading cabinet IRs and firmware upgrades, and that puts it totally over the top JMO.

I recently purchases the axe 2...

And used to play live with ampeg svt7pro + ampeg 410..

But those things are heavy..
So I just wish to use the axe2 + a wireless (line6 g90) and send strainght to the PA.

But how I'll listen my self?
Not all clubs has returns... only a "master PA".

:/

I play bass in my main band, but I play guitar in another group, and also soon-to-be-both in a trio. I use an Epifani combo or Ampeg Portabass for amplifying the bass, depending on the club size. However, after I bought the Axe-FX II for my guitar, I am tempted to adapt it for bass as well. I use an Atomic Active FR for the stage sound on guitar, but I am hesitant to abuse it for my drop tuned bass.

The guitar player in my main band uses a L--- 6 HD500 & QSC K12 in monitor configuration for his stage sound. It may help our FOH sound if both instruments were set up in a similar fashion. With its "deep" setting for extended bass response, the QSC K12 as a monitor plus Axe-FX II might be good for both my bass only and bass+guitar gigs. Once I finally pay off my Fractal rig, I plan to give it a try.

Now if we could get FAS to develop a half-dozen classic bass amp models (say GK 800RB, Mesa Boogie Bass 400+, Trace Elliot AH350SMX, Eden WT800, SWR SM-900, Ampeg B15) that would be great! :)

You should audition your buddy's K12 in context (full band) with bass guitar and tell us how you fare. Personally, I'd have my doubts and I know that for the types of music I play - even some of the softer stuff - a K12 would not be a consideration. I'm curious to see how the K12 does in your opinion.

I'm running the following bass rig:
bass -> wireless to G90, then into Axe-II, then OUT2 to Yamaha P7000S amp and out to my 4-Ohm Avatar B210 NEO loaded with 300w Celestions - giving me around 1000w - if I need it. I also run OUT1 direct to PA and into subs. Lots of bass headroom :)

I tried my Atomic FR cab, but it didn't handle the low end real well (not designed for it) and I needed more volume and no "flub".

Back
Top Bottom