About FM3-Edit and/or Fractal-Bot

austriarock

UPS is delivering my FM3 tomorrow... In anticipation for this I just installed "FM3 Edit" on my Mac.
I'm not new to tech or modelers, I own a Kemper, But this is gonna be my first Fractal Audio product.
It is unclear to me if it is necessary to have "Fractal-Bot" in conjunction with the FM3 Edit...
Do they work together?.. Do they perform similar tasks?.... Do I not need Fractal-Bot if I use FM3 Edit?
Can someone elaborate please?

Thanks.

It is unclear to me if it is necessary to have "Fractal-Bot" in conjunction with the FM3 Edit...
Do they work together?.. Do they perform similar tasks?.... Do I not need Fractal-Bot if I use FM3 Edit?
Can someone elaborate please?
Fractal-Bot used to be a separate program, but now it's built into FM3-Edit. You don't need to install it separately any more. Just use the Tools menu and it's there.

Fractal-Bot performs bulk operations like full backups and is used to do system updates. It works in conjunction with the preset editing features of FM3-Edit.

Have fun with the new FM3 tomorrow!
Love mine!
Got it already.... Battling my Atomic Wedges now to get rid of the surplus of boomy bass they have... SO I can get the FM3 to sound more natural.
I thought it was my Kemper that was doing that but in truth everything I put through the wedges sounds like EQd for Electronica music (And yes! the Wedges's switches and options are selected correctly... but still they sound like that). ;(

Last edited:
Battling my Atomic Wedges now to get rid of the surplus of boomy bass they have
Are you talking about CLRs or some other Atomic wedges?

Because I've never heard anyone complain about CLRs presenting anything but what is given to them.

Maybe your room has a bass resonance that needs treating?

Go tit already.... Battling my Atomic Wedges now to get rid of the surplus of boomy bass they have... SO I can get the FM3 to sound more natural.
I thought it was my Kemper that was doing that but in truth everything I put through the wedges sounds like EQd for Electronica music (And yes! the Wedges's switches and options are selected correctly... but still they sound like that). ;(

One quick and easy thing to do is take the first 2 sliders in the Global EQ, and slide them all the way down.
I do this with the FM3 & AXE-III, quick and easy way to stop those frequencies I don't want muddying up my tone.

GLOBAL SETTINGS: OUT 1 EQ PAGE OUT 1 EQ provides a 10-band graphic EQ, plus a master GAIN adjustment control. Use these to make global adjustments to the tone or level of ALL presets. This is convenient when you need to compensate for using a different amp or speakers, or if a particular performance space seems overly bright or boomy

Battling my Atomic Wedges now to get rid of the surplus of boomy bass they have... SO I can get the FM3 to sound more natural.
I think you're hearing your room. ;)

Room resonances can make the low end sound unnatural. Make sure your wedges aren't backed up against a wall — or even worse, tucked into a corner. :eek:

Room resonances can make the low end sound unnatural. Make sure your wedges aren't backed up against a wall — or even worse, tucked into a corner. :eek:

very true... I moved my monitor today and keep lowering the reverb level until I finally bypassed.

the reverbwas still there... It was the resonance of the corner I put the monitor in 😅

They are SOOOOOOO backed into the corners! lol. :tearsofjoy:

Thanks for the input guys!

By switching the selector in the back to "BL"... I eliminated the worse of the boominess for now... Until I can move to a new house and then make sure I can place them away from corners.

Fortunately my setup is a "Front of house + Backline speaker backline"... so output 2 going into the Dynawatt 20/20 into the recto cab keeps things into perspective.
I actually like that "bypassed power amp and cab" sound going into the recto better right now... but the Atomic wedges bring the stereo image to the effects... so all and all... pretty stoked! :)

I actually returned the FM3 to fractal....I liked it enough that it convinced me to just get the AXE FX III instead... I could not stand the FM3 lack of processing power stop my Mad scientist ideas... the CPU starts crying as soon as you load the reverb in it's finest quality :fearscream:
But I'm not hating on it!.. on the contrary, it got me hooked and I wanted more....and now.... I'm selling my Kemper rack. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom