Ability To Switch The Effects Loop To A Standard "Always On" Effects Loop

Do you want this feature?

• Total voters

Bryan R. Tyler

Inspired
Not sure if this would be feasible or not, but it's currently a pain in the butt to deal with the effects loop when using an external looper. Not only does the loop cut out momentarily every time you switch effects patches, but you have to put an effects loop block on every patch you make and program the master output level of each patch to be identical, or the volume of the loop can go up or down depending on how the master level is set on each effect. The ability to switch the loop to an always-on loop that comes after the Axe would be very handy.

Last edited:
yes, it is a pain, but it's easy to workaround with an external mixer, or just running the axe direct into the looper itself. you shouldn't notice in loss in audio quality doing either (especially with the LP-1)

sim

I actually do have the Axe running into my Looperlative right now. I'd prefer to keep it in the Axe's loop though, as you get several more options by doing so. You can then use the balanced outs of the Axe to either go to your power amp for a higher output, or use them to record both the Axe and Looperlative together (I currently have to split the LP-1's unbalanced outs with Y cables to record a signal from it). And being in the loop also lets you control the LP-1's input and output levels using the Axe's front panel knobs, which is definitely handy. Technically, most wish list items can be solved by purchasing another piece of gear- better to check first if the Axe is capable of doing it rather than buying additional mixers, pedals, amps, etc :D

I hear you Brian. It would definitely be a great feature. Fortunately small mixers are relatively cheap, so if it's not possible, you'll still be able to get the functionality you want for not much outlay.

IMO this feature would only be worth if the small dropout could be avoided somehow (because of the simplified routing). Otherwise, it would be exactly the same as the current situation save for having to manually insert the loop in every patch.

IMO this feature would only be worth if the small dropout could be avoided somehow (because of the simplified routing). Otherwise, it would be exactly the same as the current situation save for having to manually insert the loop in every patch.

While the audio drop-outs are the main thing, matching the main level on all of the patches is also a problem.

Back
Top Bottom