Ability to send outputs 2-4 to the headphone output

markmurtha

Inspired
I use the Axe-Fx III for electric guitar using input 1, and pedal steel guitar using input 2. Currently it is only possible to hear output 1 in the headphone output. Would it be possible to simultaneously send the other outputs to the headphone output as well?

Can't you branch off your input 2 row on its way to output 2 and connect it to output 1 also? Output 1 block has the row mixers.

I need to keep the outputs from channels 1 and 2 separate for our board mix. Is there a way to send both outputs to the headphone mix without combining them on output 1?

Are you using output 3 or 4 for anything? You could use one of those for one instrument and have Out 1 to headphones only.

Okay, that's an interesting idea. I could have two output blocks on every patch, and output 1 would not go to front of house. I guess that would work, but it would be nice to have a headphone mixer option.

I tried that, but it looks like it just adjusts row volume and balance, not routing. I'll have to look into that further.

I tried that, but it looks like it just adjusts row volume and balance, not routing. I'll have to look into that further.
That's what mixers do. Bring in each instrument's signal chain on a different row (you pretty much have to, anyway), and feed the Mixer's output to Output 1.

I feel ya; what I end up doing is having two identical presets; one for live where all my signals are routed to their respective outputs and one for home practice where everything comes out output 1. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Does anyone happen to know if input 1 is hardwired to the headphone output? I'm wondering if there is a physical design issue that might make it impossible to feed the other inputs to the headphone output jack via a firmware update.

I feel ya; what I end up doing is having two identical presets; one for live where all my signals are routed to their respective outputs and one for home practice where everything comes out output 1. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works.
you shouldn't have to do this though. That is a lot of work keeping all of the different patches in sync. If you have one patch that is supposed to process 4 inputs and outputs, it looks like the headphones should be able to listen to each of them. Need to remove the redundancy in that patch sync issue and make the headphones optional for any or all of the outputs.

Does anyone happen to know if input 1 is hardwired to the headphone output? I'm wondering if there is a physical design issue that might make it impossible to feed the other inputs to the headphone output jack via a firmware update.
Output 1 is hardwired to headphones as far as I know.

The Inputs can be routed to any (or all) of the Outputs.

My current presets use Input 1, with Output 1 reserved for only headphones, Output 2 is fed to our IEM mixer and Output 3 goes to my Matrix amp and Xitone wedges.

I do it this way so I can adjust headphones as needed when I use them without changing the level I feed to IEMs.

Back
Top Bottom