A sort of demo of the Ultra....

simeon

Axe-Master
spent a few days doing this...i'm calling it a demo, because i would never write a piece of music like this, because the bits are all too disconnected, but i wanted to use a lot of different sounds.
no synths used, all the synthy sounds are from the ultra. fat bass sound is a sample and the drums in the 7/8 section are the native instruments studio kit 1 loaded into battery. all the other drum and percussion sounds are loops.

hope you like it!

sim

thanks guys. the lead playing at the end isn't as tidy as i'd like, but i'm not really a meedly meedly player, and the 7/8 time sig with key change in the middle of the sequence was quite tough for me!

btw, i used a bit of sustainiac on the synth sounds, but the only post processing i used was a bit of eq and compression on those tracks that needed it. all effects on the guitars were generated by the ultra and striped live.

the drums in the funky bit are loops, but i programmed the acoustic kit in the 7/8 section (ever try to find decent loops in 7/8?!)

i used my brown headless on everything (currently for sale, if anyone is interested), except the lead part, which was my maple topped headless.

thanks for checking it out!

sim

This is incredible! This is not disconnected at all. This is a great song with great playing and phenomenal tones. Good job man!

Well done, Simeon! I especially liked the 7/8 part. You don't hear that every day (at least I don't). Kinda makes my heart beat a little faster. Something about the 1 beat coming before I expect it. Very cool.

Wow - I really like this. Doesn't sound or feel 'disconnected' to me in any way.

Great music man. That's the highest compliment I can offer any fellow musician.

Hi Simeon

It's amazing what you do with this Box very inspiring and as others stated not disconnected at all. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.:)
cheers

You push the limit to what this box can do !

I specially liked the 7/8 piece, the Holdsworth inspired solo and your nice synth sounds

super !!

also loved the lead guitar tone.i know it's never polite to ask the magician what's behind the curtain,but,which amp sim and cab did you use for that?

i used the usa lead 1 (drive and mv at about 7.3) into the 4x12 25w and the 2x12 brit, both with u87's

before the amp, i used a peq to roll off the bottom end to 70hz

after the cabs, i used another peq to roll off the highs and lows and put a little peak at 350hz (although i think this might be a bit too high - somewhere between there and 250hz is the magic number, will probably depend on your guitar and pickups)

i roll off the tone (250k) on the guitar about 1/3 and back off the volume a bit to sweeten it up. the amp has increased sag, decreased b+ and decreased bias

this all feeds the holdsworth multitap delays (levels set to about -7db here)

it's still a work in progress, so i won't post it just yet. matt is planning an ultra bank for release soon, and it'll be in there (hopefully i'll be happy with it then!)

sim

Last edited:
a very Holdsworthian setup.(the U87 is a dead giveaway:)).i'll have to give it a go in the morning.thank you Simeon.

Back
Top Bottom