A Security tool wreaks havoc globally

It's a bit of a rock and a hard place thing too. If Microsoft doesn't allow 3rd party apps to handle certain things the anti-trust and anti-monopoly crowd gets their hackles up since Microsoft is so big and widespread. If they do, they can open the system up to issues like this. As always it gets complicated quick.

Yeah I feel like Microsoft is somewhat unfairly getting lumped into this mess. News outlets everywhere keep calling it a Microsoft outage. This was a Crowdstrike screw up. Microsoft systems that don't run Crowdstrike's software were completely unaffected. You don't blame the car for not running right when the driver accidentally puts diesel in the tank.

There was a Microsoft Azure outage and the Crowdstrike debacle that same day. I noticed because one hit my workplace and one didn't. It's obvious which one got the more attention.

Standardized my company on Debian so I’m feeling smug AF at the office today. :D
Chew on this though -- my workplace is requiring that I now put Microsoft Defender and Tenable Nessus Agent on my Linux (CentOS and Rocky) boxen. Considering I have a few hundred of those that have to work in tight synchrony, guess how much I'm loving that...?

Chew on this though -- my workplace is requiring that I now put Microsoft Defender and Tenable Nessus Agent on my Linux (CentOS and Rocky) boxen. Considering I have a few hundred of those that have to work in tight synchrony, guess how much I'm loving that...?
Yeeeeaaaa. See, sometimes it’s good to be the boss. :)

Yeeeeaaaa. See, sometimes it’s good to be the boss. :)
Well... The closest I could realistically get to that where I am is CIO. And while I think I could that job better than the guy currently in it, I couldn't put up with all the crap that goes with the position.

This is just a warm-up fro a much grander event. You read it here first. Not that I believe in conspiracies or anything.

This is just a warm-up fro a much grander event. You read it here first. Not that I believe in conspiracies or anything.
it is a matter of time, critical IT infrastructure / components are concentrated in a few companies, the moment one makes a fuck up like Crowdstrike, we will have chaos again. Somehow like with the vulnerabilities problem, tech companies are used to have little to no responsibility for their mistakes or omissions, it is pretty much unseen in other critical industries.

Last edited:

Man, I'm disappointed no one knows what's going on for real here.

Ukraine hosts the servers, and evidence of money laundering among other interesting bits of information that might be relevant to current events.
Look at the timing of this. Who coukd have taken the information and what could they do with it?

Very strange the WEF warned of cyberattacks not that long ago as well as another event that happened likewise.... oh wait crowdstrike are partners with the WEF too!! Nothing to see here.

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/crowdstrike/

Back
Top Bottom