A riser solution for using an FM9 with a Boss RC-600 Looper

mstarlin

I use a Fractal FM9, a Boss RC-600 looper, and a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard to livestream on TikTok. But I have been struggling to find a way to set up all three without a lot of swiveling around.

Well, I just found the perfect solution in the Kensington SmartFit Extra Wide Monitor Stand (K52797WW). It raises my FM9 just enough to clear the RC-600 cables, and then I can put them both close together under my keyboard, and everything is right in front of me. (This only works when sitting down. If I was standing, I would need to move the keyboard off to the side.)

This is a game-changer for me. The "feet" on the Kensington are plastic, so I am not sure if it would hold up on live gigs, but on my carpet at home, it is fine.

Kensington riser empty.jpgKensington riser.jpg

I don't have everything plugged in. I run acoustic, electric, and bass into the FM9, then out to the RC-600. I run the keyboard (actually, my computer output, the KK S61 is just a controller) into the RC-600. Then I run the RC-600 out to a Tascam Model 12 mixer for live streaming via my iPad.

Back
Top Bottom