A quick question about delay

HarrySound

Power User
I adore the phase inverted delay sounds because they are super wide and epic sounding. Obviously when listening back on a mono device the delay is completely absent and my guitar sounds ....well you can hear what I'm playing so it sounds terrible and not very epic.

Is there a work around for this or a thing people do to make those kinds of delay sound audible on mono devices yet still epic in stereo?

Make my solos great again ©

I adore the phase inverted delay sounds because they are super wide and epic sounding. Obviously when listening back on a mono device the delay is completely absent and my guitar sounds ....well you can hear what I'm playing so it sounds terrible and not very epic.

Is there a work around for this or a thing people do to make those kinds of delay sound audible on mono devices yet still epic in stereo?

Make my solos great again ©

You have to find a stereo delay that gives you that epic feeling without being out of phase L -> R.

What have you tried? Something as simple as hitting the phase switch on 2290 delay makes it mono compatible.

Back
Top Bottom