A question about the multiple ins and outs

JCBitB

Inspired
Hey folks, I've lurked for quite a while, and I swear I used the search first, but I have a question regarding the routing options..

I noticed the multiple in's and out's, and I read that you can have multiple signal chains as well, so I was wondering if it's possible to have two seperate guitars going in and then coming back to seperate outs... Is that too much to ask? :D

I have the same question. Is there a way to plug 2 guitars into the Axe-FX, in order to facilitate fast switching during a live set? Can you use the 2 rear inputs? If not, how would you do this?

Also, how would you set the levels, if different?

thanks.
New Axe User...

you can plug two guitars into the axe fx. you can use the front INSTR jack and the rear right jack together or the two rear inputs. I'm not sure if you should set it to analog front or analog rear. If you have a guitar with active pickups, or one going through a buffer like a non-true bypass pedal, thats the guitar that you should probably plug into the rear right jack, use the instr jack for passive pickups whereever possible.

If you want to set up two chains for two seperate guitars see this article http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ects_lines

you could also, of course, use input 2.

to set the volume if different, use either input 1 and input 2 cause they each have their own knob, or if you're just using input 1 then set it so that its just barely clipping on the loudest possible notes on the louder of the two guitars, and then use a volume block or similar to bring that guitar's level DOWN to that of the other one or do something similar.

So, if I understand you correctly: I have a Strat I play normally (standard single coil pups). I have a Line6 Variax (similar to an Active PUP guitar)) I use for altered tuning songs mostly... I plug the Strat in the Instrument front input and the Variax in the rear Input 1 and set the Axe-Fx Input Source (on the I/O page) to Analog Front. Then use the Level 1 to approximate the Strat input level.

thanks for the help!

Axe NewBe

hsnyder said:
you can plug two guitars into the axe fx. you can use the front INSTR jack and the rear right jack together or the two rear inputs. I'm not sure if you should set it to analog front or analog rear. If you have a guitar with active pickups, or one going through a buffer like a non-true bypass pedal, thats the guitar that you should probably plug into the rear right jack, use the instr jack for passive pickups whereever possible.

If you want to set up two chains for two seperate guitars see this article http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ects_lines

you could also, of course, use input 2.

to set the volume if different, use either input 1 and input 2 cause they each have their own knob, or if you're just using input 1 then set it so that its just barely clipping on the loudest possible notes on the louder of the two guitars, and then use a volume block or similar to bring that guitar's level DOWN to that of the other one or do something similar.

You set input to front when you use the front input and the right rear. One caveat, you will not be able to tune w/ the right rear.

Back
Top Bottom