a Moog lead patch

Please explain how when you hold a note & play another note that is higher in pitch, it sounds a note that is lower (only when playing the 2 notes simultaneously).

It's a side effect of how the pitch detection works. One thing that usually happens consistently: power-chord voicings in a certain range put the detector at a lower root note. For example, x79 x799 xx99 all tend to get detected as the open low E pitch.

I think he might be talking about the portamento. The synth is monophonic, so I only try to play one note at a time!

Interesting. I tried holding one note & then playing another & it pitch shifts the 2nd note. If the 2nd note is higher in pitch, it will sound lower. If the 2nd not is lower in pitch, it will sound higher. I just wondered what in this patch makes that happen.

Do you think this sound could be easily achieved with the Ultra?

Yes, absolutely. in fact i think all the settings will be 1:1. just load it up in one editor and manually copy it over into another.

Last edited:
Interesting. I tried holding one note & then playing another & it pitch shifts the 2nd note. If the 2nd note is higher in pitch, it will sound lower. If the 2nd not is lower in pitch, it will sound higher. I just wondered what in this patch makes that happen.

it may be an artefact of the pitch controller, which is tied to synth frequency. not really sure.

Outstanding patch, thanks! Best synth patch yet (I'm just amazed at what this box can do).
I'd vote to include this as one of the future Bank standards..

Simeon you are so responsible for me getting absolutely nothing done... lmao

I load up your synths... noodle a bit... and then it's the next day... lol...

Back
Top Bottom