A modifier attached to BYPASS MODE is preventing …

APE

Inspired
I can't figure out how to turn on the EQ on my preset. The error message "A modifier attached to BYPASS MODE is preventing you from manually engaging or bypassing this block".

Why's that there and what can I do about it? I want to turn EQ on for scene 3.

Moke helped me set this up about eight years ago. I sort of understood modifiers to be dynamic, parameterized functions for patches in presets.

Preset 3, Scene 3 can't be turned on. What is the BYPASS MODE parameter? The manual says:
"BYPASS MODE – Determines what happens when the block is bypassed. The different options are detailed below. Not every option is available in every block."
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/AX8/AX8-Owners-Manual.pdf

The thread below mentions a solution. I didn't understand.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/solved-trouble-adding-a-volume-block.135160/
1695178223893.png

Attachments

• 1695177815577.png
    1695177815577.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Why there is a modifier on Bypass Mode is a good question. That seems like an odd place to apply a modifier.

However, Bypass Mode doesn't affect engaging/bypassing a block.

If you click on the block in the editor and press the space bar, it should engage (if bypassed).

Also, tagging @Moke...

But that's not something that would be attached to Bypass Mode but rather Bypass.
Correct. Just pointing that out because maybe the PEQ is attached for a reason therefore the pop up when trying to turn on. Maybe it was added by mistake or maybe it is part of the preset.

The location of where it is attached in the above screenshot is good location for control switches.

But that's not something that would be attached to Bypass Mode but rather Bypass.
It is a bypass modifier; those were accessed via the bypass mode parameter on Axe I/II era devices.

(Assigning a bypass mode modifier is possible on the Axe-FX II at least, with the right SysEx message.)

It is a bypass modifier; those were accessed via the bypass mode parameter on Axe I/II era devices.

(Assigning a bypass mode modifier is possible on the Axe-FX II at least, with the right SysEx message.)
Interesting... I must have forgotten that over time - or maybe I never used that specific modifier assignment with my Axe Fx IIs.

Thanks for clarification!

Back
Top Bottom