A Little Transiberian Orchestra

GuitarDojo said:
Oh man i WISH we would do stuff like that!!! ;)

Drums? Electronic drum set? . :|

Yeah :(

Were going to go with an acoustic set in a full isolation kit, but we have to wait until we get in rear projection screen on the left and right side of the stage so the iso booth doesn't interfere with the video.

We played this song on Sunday. Total blast. I'll post a clip once I get it from the sound guy. We had a string quartet, grand piano etc. sounded amazing. As I only have a strat I went with the Plexi sound on it with neck pickup. Sounded pretty nice. What did you use for this? The only problem I had was not enough drive / sustain when up on the 22nd fret bends. That was a little annoying.

Its a fun song.

I forgot about this one. Were playing it again this year. We should have video after Christmas. Man I play that a lot better now :oops:

I look forward to your rendition :D

I've always wanted to cover this. I actually arranged a version of this way before I heard TSO do it.

I can't believe you guys do that live. Amazing!

oddb0d said:
We played this song on Sunday. Total blast. I'll post a clip once I get it from the sound guy. We had a string quartet, grand piano etc. sounded amazing. As I only have a strat I went with the Plexi sound on it with neck pickup. Sounded pretty nice. What did you use for this? The only problem I had was not enough drive / sustain when up on the 22nd fret bends. That was a little annoying.

I just noticed your question. I used an Ibanez Jem. 24 fret guitar really helps with this song. You don't have to worry bends then. Just a lot of vibrato on the 24th fret.

javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:
I just noticed your question. I used an Ibanez Jem. 24 fret guitar really helps with this song. You don't have to worry bends then. Just a lot of vibrato on the 24th fret.
Ah okay... I did toy with the idea of getting a JS1200 (only 22 frets) but it seems to sustain better higher up than my strat does. Those bends are pretty brutal when done on the 22nd. 24 frets makes sense. What amp model are you using this year for this song? I've never dialed in a heavier sound. Any recommendations?

oddb0d said:
javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:
Ah okay... I did toy with the idea of getting a JS1200 (only 22 frets) but it seems to sustain better higher up than my strat does. Those bends are pretty brutal when done on the 22nd. 24 frets makes sense. What amp model are you using this year for this song? I've never dialed in a heavier sound. Any recommendations?

slo 100. It has great sustain and smooth gain.

That sounds great! It cuts through very well and is very articulate. Were you going through a PA, or power amp setup, monitors?
Ed

Back
Top Bottom