AFIII A Little Steve Vai

themaidenmaniac

Experienced
Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well and coping with the isolation. Thought i'd use the time to practice a few Steve Vai licks from Alien Love Secrets as it's 25 years old this week!

Tried to get it as close I could but Steve has more talent in his little finger than I have managed to develop in 20 years! Hope you enjoy

I got through a couple minutes and then lost interest...why?, because if I want to listen to Vai I'll go put a record of his on.

Why is it that someone so talented (you sir), chooses to copy someone else instead of stamping their own signature.
Clearly you are a master in your own right, go create your own stuff and show us who you really are.

Please take this is as compliment, not a criticism.

Last edited:
Killer!! That was spot on!

I got through a couple minutes and then lost interest...why?, because if I want to listen to Vai I'll go put a record of his on.

Why is it that someone so talented (you sir), chooses to copy someone else instead of stamping their own signature.
Clearly you are a master in your own right, go create your own stuff and show us who you really are.

Please take this is as compliment, not a criticism.

Meh, comes off more as underhanded criticism disguised as a compliment.

I used to wonder why people played covers, turns out, playing music is fun, regardless if you wrote what you’re playing or not. I spen 95% of my time with a guitar in my hands writing my own music, the other 5% is spent learning a cover song because I want to deconstruct it or learn something new, or just for kicks.

Thanks very much for checking it out guys, i'm glad you enjoyed 🤟 It was great fun indeed. If you want to know anything about the tone let me know, but it was a very simple patch using the ecstacy red, knobs at noon with the gain maxed and no distortion pedal. Tiny bit of reverb for room excitement, and the delays and reverbs added in post. I did sneak in a tone match to the original but also added EQ in the DAW as well so not sure how much it helps.

Attachments

• Juice KP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom