A little disappointed in Matrix Amplification

bdrepko

Fractal Fanatic
I purchased a Matrix GT800FX last week from the US website. I noticed yesterday that I still had not received any shipping info. So I sent an email to support. This morning I get a reply saying that they are out of stock and I will have to wait until they are in stock for it to ship.

OK, so I have to wait. Not that big a deal. Here is where I have a problem. There was nothing on the website about the units not being in stock and they could not even send an email letting me know they didn't have any and it would be a while before they could ship it. How long would they let me wait?

Good thing I didn't pay for express delivery.

Anyway, rant over.

Not great. My past experience with Matrix was stellar, but that was before their US distributor.

FYI.. I just looked at their website and the GT800FX shows 'out of stock'. It can't be added to cart, currently. So they don't seem to be taking money for out of stock items as their standard practice. Probably just an unfortunate mistake.

I just wondered about my speakers as they total 300 watts. So the gt1000fx is not more than 300 watts then???
Thanks for replies.
Gary

It's the ohmage of your cabs that dictate the amount of wattage power available from the Matrix 1000FX - it will deliver 500 watts per channel at 4 Ohms - 325 W per channel at 8 Ohms and 150 w per channel at 16 Ohms

Whats the wattage and ohmage rating on your cabs?

Perfect then. You'll likely never want to risk putting the full 150W available per channel into each cab so you can run the Matrix A and B channel levels at 3/4 and control overall volume from the AxeFX output level knob.

I purchased a Matrix GT800FX last week from the US website. I noticed yesterday that I still had not received any shipping info. So I sent an email to support. This morning I get a reply saying that they are out of stock and I will have to wait until they are in stock for it to ship.

And just to follow this up, the GT800 and GT1000 FX are core products and it is rare for them not to be available, the website tracks the number of units in stock and marks stuff "out of stock" when we hit zero, as (unlike some companies) it is not our policy to sell stuff we don't have, but sometimes the numbers can be out by 1 or 2.

In this particular case, we were one out on the figures (due to a replacement sent out to cover one flattened by a couriers truck ... complete with tire tracks) ... but yeah, we did fail to inform you by mail, our mistake.

The good news is, we do actually make them here in the USA, so it was only a short delay while we got some parts in ... they are now back in stock and your amp will be with you Tuesday, with an upgrade to 2nd day Air delivery.

I apologise again for not emailing you .. it slipped through the net.

Back
Top Bottom