A little 3.0 taste.

This clip is unbelievable.... it's ridiculously good.

How the heck do you get that growl?!? No matter how hard I tried, I could not get that with v2.0. Maybe a setting I don't know about? Damping helps a little, but not much.

Is that a 3.0 improvement?

This clip is unbelievable.... it's ridiculously good.

How the heck do you get that growl?!? No matter how hard I tried, I could not get that with v2.0. Maybe a setting I don't know about? Damping helps a little, but not much.

Is that a 3.0 improvement?

It really does help with the "growl" factor.

awesome! I've been trying to get the 2.0 to be more open and mean and it's been harder then the the Ultra so far. There just seems to be a bit of restriction or something like it's holding back the beast. lol. Great to hear I can't wait to see what it's like!

Q: What's the name of your new act? A: We call ourselves "The Aristocrats!"

It's got a nice pair of knockers.... IMHO.

d'oh!

*(runs and hides....) :D

Hey Scott,

How about "Sweaty Knockers!" - LOL!

You'd have to own - or be familiar with - the new Aristocrats LP (Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, and Marco Minneman's new "prog-fusion-rock-instrumental" trio) to get the reference! It's a very cool instrumental LP, and Guthrie's tone on it is "scary-good" (IMO!) Guthrie likes more high-end in general than I do, and when he was using Cornfords, I thought he had too much of an annoying "ice-pick" treble dare I say (...before the haters kill me, GUTHRIE GOVAN IS AWESOME, OK?!? I just thought his high-end was a bit..."piercing" at times.) Now however, his tone is much "smoother" on top since he switched to the Suhr Badger 30 Head with accompanying Suhr 2x12 G12-65 Celestion cab. In fact, I'll have to go sift through the "Wish-List" threads here in The Forum to see if the Suhr Badger 30 has been requested (I never know if a requested amp - like the Suhr Badger 30 for the Axe-FX II - is too similar to another amp, and thus deemed redundant by Cliff? Cliff knows so much about how the actual amps are designed, that he can tell right away if it is worthwhile or redundant! If it IS redundant, then (IMO) Cliff is wise NOT to spend precious-time/resources on creating an amp that's already attainable!)

BTW, I just saw The Aristocrats live 5 weeks ago here in Boston, MA (at Berklee College of Music) and Guthrie's playing AND tone were KILLING! Ya know, I'm sure if Guthrie was shown how expressive/touch-sensitive a properly tweaked Axe-FX II-patch (3.0 especially, right?!?) can be, he would probably be a believer. I doubt we'll see that, only because GG seems so outspoken about his penchant for old-fashioned (amps & stompboxes) setups, (For example, he's ALWAYS manipulating his volume-knob while he's playing, AND he uses WAY less gain than most shredders - BRAVE and FRIGHTENINGLY GOOD - LOL!) Anyways, my point is that IF we ever did see a guy like Guthrie "on-board" here at Fractal, then I think a lot of the "Tube-Sniffers" would probably stand-up and take notice...

...but I digress...a bit off-topic...sorry! Hey you brought up the "Knockers" right?!? - LOL!

P.S. I thought Mark Day did a pretty good job on this "AC/DC-ish" sound, especially considering that it's (admittedly) outside of his genre-of-choice! Mark is an excellent player, and (IMO) an awesome ambassador for the Fractal Product-Line (due to his talent, wisdom, and personality!)

P.P.S. I'm REALLY looking forward to FW-3.0!

Bill

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom