Implemented A Klon-type Drive block

Interesting thing with a Klon is the always on buffer which made pedals placed after it often sound “better” even with the effect turned off (not true bypass pedal)

That seems like a tricky part to model since the sound isn’t just the effect but also the buffer aspect of it.

Interesting thing with a Klon is the always on buffer which made pedals placed after it often sound “better” even with the effect turned off (not true bypass pedal)

That seems like a tricky part to model since the sound isn’t just the effect but also the buffer aspect of it.

Well maybe, but you're plugged into a high quality "always on" buffer when you plug into the Axe too, unless you don't want to be of course. So I think that side of things is pretty well covered. One thing I did like about the Klones I have used was the option of putting true bypass effects that I didn't want to be buffered (generally fuzz or wah) ahead of one in the signal chain, and then everything else after. I think the "auto" impedance setting on the Axe FX achieves an incredibly similar trick.

Liam

Pushing this back up. The Minotaur was in every Helix preset I made, and my analog board before that had a Tumnus. It really is something cool stacked in front of other drives.

Pushing this back up. The Minotaur was in every Helix preset I made, and my analog board before that had a Tumnus. It really is something cool stacked in front of other drives.
No need to push back to the top:
I just ordered a KTR. I'm not making any promises as the topology doesn't fit any of our existing topologies but I'll see what I can do.

Honestly, I think maybe Cliff avoids both the Klon and the FreqOut, because forum traffic would drop by half if it weren't for the constant requests. :p

Not that I don't want them, too. :cool:

I watched this entire video yesterday.

So many delicious tones. If we cannot have a Klon, I'll happily settle for a Tumnus.

I have been doing the FET boost thing, the last few days, but it just doesn't react the same way, when you turn the knobs.

If be happy to sponsor a Tumnus for Fractal HQ

Because we play with our eyes, not our ears, all too often.

We don't. A lot of people do though and it's tragically the reason for the inflated cost and woo surrounding certain gear. 59 Les Pauls, early non CBS strats, Klons etc.

It's all nonsense. If you had the discipline to be objective you would fast find out that honestly there is nothing particularly special about any of those things.

Many of the Klon clones ironically are much sweeter sounding than any Klon I have ever heard. And many Klon clones are no more special than any other overdrive pedal.

It basically surmounts to a cultism, general ignorance and sunk cost fallacy.

We don't. A lot of people do though and it's tragically the reason for the inflated cost and woo surrounding certain gear. 59 Les Pauls, early non CBS strats, Klons etc.

It's all nonsense. If you had the discipline to be objective you would fast find out that honestly there is nothing particularly special about any of those things.

Many of the Klon clones ironically are much sweeter sounding than any Klon I have ever heard. And many Klon clones are no more special than any other overdrive pedal.

It basically surmounts to a cultism, general ignorance and sunk cost fallacy.
A friend has a real one, and I’ve heard many and had several clones, and they didn’t impress me. I wanted to be impressed because they’re so legendary, but a good boost has always done the same for me and cost a lot less. I finally decided I’m the sort who prefers a distorting power amp over distorting preamp tubes.

A friend has a real one, and I’ve heard many and had several clones, and they didn’t impress me. I wanted to be impressed because they’re so legendary, but a good boost has always done the same for me and cost a lot less.
Yeah same. It's almost always entirely hype and almost always correlated with the same two types of people. People who either think buying gear makes up for them not putting in the effort to learn how to play well or people trying to make money off people like that.

Back
Top Bottom