A few patches for you (ones I use in my covers band)

I was just checking some of the patches out and I really like the way they sounded on my setup so I made some patches for one of my bands which
is playing some gigs in the coming days so I can try them out on the job :) The amp/cab settings are really good (and surprisingly simple or neutral),
I am not as big a fan of chorus as you are ;)

Thanks for posting,

Jens

thanks guys.

i know there's a chorus on nearly every patch, but it's only there as an option, i only really use it on the clean sound, where i have that tri-chorus (chorus and pitch detune) thing going on

i sometimes turn it on when i'm fooling around with the marshall rhythm patch and pretend i'm alex lifeson

:)

sim

Well I did a gig this morning with a setup based on your AC30 amp/cab and that was very nice. I'll give the plexi and maybe also the Dumble try tomorrow. I Really like the combinations of cabs that you've made. Is there a method or a specific goal to your approach for that? They sounded good already at low volume and also with the band!
Thanks!
Jens

thanks jens. i've just updated that AC30 patch, as i thought the drive blocks were a little harsh - did you use them?

the dumble patch was designed to be used with the bridge humbucker, with the volume and tone reduced somewhat, btw

as for cabs, i just use my ears. i tend to use a bright cab with a more middly cab, so the Brit plus the 30w is a nice combo for example. i just try to get a nice balanced tone, if i can!

sim

Ok, I'll have a look(or rather a listen). I did not take over patches literally. What I really liked was how the amp/cab setup sounded so I just took that and put it into my live setup, so I did not use the effects, I also really need my own effect settings when I play...

Well you have good ears for cabs then! I am impressed! I am going to try to mess around with the combination approach when I am tweaking in the future!

Jens

I really like the AC30 patch Simeon with a little tweak it will be a much used one for me. I love your approach with the controllers too, it is making me look at my patches and requirements in a new way. though only using maybe one or two.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom