A clean copy of Axe Edit?

I've been having problems with my editor requiring me to often reset the parameters on my Ultra so I've been trying to download a fresh copy of Axe Edit v 1.191. However every one of these I download are stopped cold by my security suite, Norton 360. They all seem to have a trojan virus and it removes the file altogether. Does anyone know of a copy or site which is not infected? I've gone to cory grieve's dropbox and s0c9's link. I'll forward a PM to them.

In the meanwhile I'll try v 1.0.318 and see if that works. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Sounds like your software thinks there's a virus or trojan, but most likely there isn't one. I would imagine axefx.fr site should be pretty trustworthy. Maybe contact Fractal direct and see if they can send you a copy.

I've been having problems with my editor requiring me to often reset the parameters on my Ultra so I've been trying to download a fresh copy of Axe Edit v 1.191. However every one of these I download are stopped cold by my security suite, Norton 360. They all seem to have a trojan virus and it removes the file altogether. Does anyone know of a copy or site which is not infected? I've gone to cory grieve's dropbox and s0c9's link. I'll forward a PM to them.

In the meanwhile I'll try v 1.0.318 and see if that works. Any other suggestions are welcome.
As I replied to you about the PM you sent me...

"Thanks for the heads up, but I believe It's a false positive.... unless that file has been replaced (look) at the file date, it's clean... been there since 2011.. so either that virus has been hiding there for about 4 yrs and nobody else ever caught it (which I find highly doubtful), or its a false positive signature.

FWIW - I run much AV stuff.. neither AVG, MS Essentials, Malwarebytes, Spybot or others I have in place indicate a virus in that file. Yes, I downloaded and scanned it.. locally.
It's clean."

I suggest you take the 360 error and report a false positive back to Norton.
Thanks for the concern tho'.,.... and I understand where you are coming from. Those products are not infallible.. s'why I run multiple.

EQDhK8H.jpg

Back
Top Bottom