A bit confused with pricing and waiting list...

rock15478

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused by all the talk on this $100 discount thing. I'm on the waiting list for the MFC-101, but when I try to add it to my cart, it currently lets me today... does this mean I can order it and it will ship? I thought it was only available by being on the waiting list and then being contacted? Is this what the $100 is all about? If so, where is this explained?

Also, yesterday I couldn't add the Ultra to my shopping cart, but today I can... is this normal? I will be ordering both of these items asap but I want to make sure I get the best available pricing to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, you can pay $100 and skip the line... if it lets you add it to the cart, and you feel like $100 is less important than weeks/months of waiting, then go for it! As long as it adds to the cart, you're good... almost all of us that have the MFC-101 now are "line-jumpers"

Ultras come in and out of stock... they only add so many every day.. but if you can add it, you can order it.

The waiting list is apparently NOT a waiting list, but a "discount coupon" list. You get the $100 coupon when they get to you on the list.
The MFC is available at full price if you click it and it lets you add it to your cart.

As a "line-jumper" - I was on the list, but only since May - I figured the extra $ was worth it.
Ordered mine a week ago. Had it since Wed.
Gig tonight!

I too gave in and purchased the MFC after being on the "Reserve me a MFC" list for over 2 years. I now know the list to be a contrivance for Fractal Audio to gauge product demand and know at the rate this list is moving (NOT) my email will never come, so... I guess my order constitutes me having received my email, but I have to pay an extra $100 over the original price. Hey, inflation hits us all... I'm down with that, besides I want Cliff to get rich. I really hope I can figure it out and use it for all it's worth, because my pic is in the wikipedia under MIDIdiot.

John

s0c9 said:
The MFC is available at full price if you click it and it lets you add it to your cart.
From my experience buying my Ultra last month, it isn't yours 'till you pay for it. IOW, even though you have it in your cart, it could disappear before finishing the transaction if someone happens to beat you to it.

Back
Top Bottom