A/B Test EVH 5153 vs. native model in V. 6.01

Lol yeah Cliff should share free stuff more often.. So are you liking 6.01?

Yeah I'm liking 6.01, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he should give us an IR/IR's of the main cab he uses to audition amp heads!!

What's the problem with this concept?

Cliff, if the others don't want it(or are too Polite,PC,or too Shy to ask) you can just email it to me only!! lol

Last edited:
Real deal...

Two times he said "that's the real amp"... and those two times he was wrong.

I guess it depends on which is considered the "real amp," but I knew what you meant - LOL! I've often thought that if you were not in the same room AND being the person playing it (feel) then I'd bet lots of/most people could be fooled!

Bill

.......he should give us an IR/IR's of the main cab he uses to audition amp heads!!

I think your way of requesting is the problem that is being pointed out.
You making it sound as if you are entitled to this.
Do you really think that is what inspires people to give you free stuff?

I have asked nicely for this before but to no avail. In my first post in this thread I said Please!! lol

He has never offered up his IR of his cab that he plays the tube amps he models thru. I find this odd. He obviously knows we would want those IR/IR's, and they could bring us closer to hearing what he hears in his tests. So I speak my mind. Sorry if I'm not as in touch with my feminine side as many on this Forum!

Please gives us your IR/IR's of your main cab Cliff. I said please agan for the record. lol

What makes you think he only uses one cabinet for creating the amplifier models, and how would having the IRs of that cabinet benefit us? If he does only use a single cabinet, it's most likely something very common like a Marshall 1960 (insert other popular cabinet here), which we already have IRs of in the Axe FX.

What makes you think he only uses one cabinet for creating the amplifier models, and how would having the IRs of that cabinet benefit us? If he does only use a single cabinet, it's most likely something very common like a Marshall 1960 (insert other popular cabinet here), which we already have IRs of in the Axe FX.

Why are you even trying to guess which cab he has and if it would sound like an IR we already have etc....

How's about whatever IR's he has of his main cab that he uses when creating/auditioning models he just releases to the Axe users. Why is the possible benefit of this such a hard concept to understand or agree with?

Cliff himself has stated that the cab/IRs that people use are by far the most significant part of the overall tone they end up with.

At the very least it would be interesting to play thru his cab IR that he auditions/tweaks his models with.

Cliff obviously doesn't have to release his IR, but why wouldn't he? He encourages everyone to share IRs and it's a simple couple clicks of the mouse for him since he already has captured the IR, so no real effort needed.

Why are you even trying to guess which cab he has and if it would sound like an IR we already have etc....

How's about whatever IR's he has of his main cab that he uses when creating/auditioning models he just releases to the Axe users. Why is the possible benefit of this such a hard concept to understand or agree with?

Cliff himself has stated that the cab/IRs that people use are by far the most significant part of the overall tone they end up with.

At the very least it would be interesting to play thru his cab IR that he auditions/tweaks his models with.

Cliff obviously doesn't have to release his IR, but why wouldn't he? He encourages everyone to share IRs and it's a simple couple clicks of the mouse for him since he already has captured the IR, so no real effort needed.

Not that we are entitled to this, BUT it would be VERY cool (and kind of makes sense to a certain degree as pointed out in the post above).
But, I also think there are so many IR's floating about something should work well without too much trouble.

I'd love that IR. But the douchebaggery in this thread by a particular poster is mind boggling. You don't have to be in touch with your feminine side to be a little polite and realize when you're being a total moron. eg. Please get the f*ck out of here. See, I can say please too! pffft.

On the topic at hand - is it just me or is the 5153 less attacky than the 5150? I also found it to be a weeee bit dark(ish?) and not as focused for modern high gain stuff. Either that or I need to sit with it more, since EVERYONE else seems to be wetting their pants over it. And somehow I lost interest in the FAS model - just so many better models on the Axe2 already!

On a different note: Why can I smell bacon at 3am :-S Ok now I'm just ranting. Lack of sleep does this to you!

On the topic at hand - is it just me or is the 5153 less attacky than the 5150? I also found it to be a weeee bit dark(ish?) and not as focused for modern high gain stuff. Either that or I need to sit with it more, since EVERYONE else seems to be wetting their pants over it. And somehow I lost interest in the FAS model - just so many better models on the Axe2 already!

Just crank the Presence, works well. As on the real amp.

Just crank the Presence, works well. As on the real amp.

Back
Top Bottom