80s style Rock Instrumental, Strat & Axe Cornford sim

Andreas, you've gotten the best strat tones I've heard from the Axe, excellent work. Your tones continue to remind me most of Jeff Beck, is that what you're going for? Again, beautiful playing.

Thanks for listening and the kind words, guys!

Patch is attached (the drive mix of the FET boost is assigned to a pedal,
so you'll have to attach a pedal, too, or set the drive mix to 100% as it was when I did this take)

...Your tones continue to remind me most of Jeff Beck, is that what you're going for?...

Doug, although I love Jeff Beck the only Strat tone I'm after is the best "andi-o-Strat tone" I can get! 8)

Andreas

Attachments

• Corni-Lead-andi-o.syx
    2 KB · Views: 146
Great stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed your playing and the tone here, thanks for sharing the patch too. Just out of interest, why do you need to attach the drive to a pedal? Doesn't that mean that you'll be getting volume swells with increasing / decreasing distortion....or is that the whole point? Cheers!

Just out of interest, why do you need to attach the drive to a pedal? Doesn't that mean that you'll be getting volume swells with increasing / decreasing distortion....

Paul, in this patch the amp sim is already set to crunch, so when increasing the drive mix you barely notice a volume swell - you just get more compression, hair & dirt, just to make the sound more "fluid" for soloing. I like to experiment with the amount of gain when recording - very dynamic single coil equipped guitars like Strats and Teles just seem to have different sweet spots in different takes. (So after all the drive mix thing is to increase the fun! :mrgreen )

Andreas

wow
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Paul, in this patch the amp sim is already set to crunch, so when increasing the drive mix you barely notice a volume swell - you just get more compression, hair & dirt, just to make the sound more "fluid" for soloing. I like to experiment with the amount of gain when recording - very dynamic single coil equipped guitars like Strats and Teles just seem to have different sweet spots in different takes. (So after all the drive mix thing is to increase the fun! :mrgreen )

Interesting! Thanks for explaining.

I have real trouble getting my notes to sustain like this, especially with my Strat and Tele. Do you record with a lot of volume?

Back
Top Bottom