80's Hard Rock / Metal Preset

Andy_V

Let me share my 80's Metal Preset with you. It's optimized for my style of playing, so it might be necessary to adjust the amp setting a little bit. I guess anyone knows that as well.......you never feel 100% comfortable with Prests made by anyone else :smile:

I use the following IR for the most authentic result, I can get (and less bottom end than with the 5150 Mix IR): https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-green69/
(self made mix: SM57 / MD421 / VR1)

I hope you guys have fun with it. Don't hesitate to give some feedback. 🤘:D
(I use the current Beta Firmware 12.08)

Attachments

• AndyV_Cameron_Atomica.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 61
very nice preset Andy. Tried it with some marschally cabs for Iron Maiden riffs. May be a bit too much gain, but lower it in the drive and that's a great 80 tone. 🤘

very nice preset Andy. Tried it with some marschally cabs for Iron Maiden riffs. May be a bit too much gain, but lower it in the drive and that's a great 80 tone. 🤘
I'm glad you like it. Thank you very much :D

Thank you for sharing the preset. It sounds good with Suhr Aldrich pups on a RG550LTD (after reducing the gain a bit and allowing more Lows at the CAB and at the PEQ).

What IRs from that Valhalir pack are you using? I've been trying with this:
V2-Green69-d-SM57-A3
V2-Green69-k-4400-CFM @ -14dB
That sounds definitively better than the 5150

I've also changed the Transformer Preamp to FET-I and increased drive to 5.00

You're welcome :)

It's kind of funny, because I prefer exactly the same IR and my favourite Preamp in the Cab Block is currently the Tape70 (Gain 4.38 / Sat. 3.96). I think FET I and II, as well as the Tape 70 work best with the most amp models.
By mixing my IR, I checked a lot of stuff and combinations. I recommend always to make a mix for 1 particularly Mic, out of every each one of the 4 Speakers of the virtual Cabinet (A, B, C, D).

Just an example.....my SM57 Mix contends out of V2-Green69-d-SM57-A3 / B2 / C3 / D3 (A3 at 0.00db)

I combined that first Mix with a MD421 (about -3.00 db) and a VR1 Ribbon Mix (about -8.00 to -9.00 db, just to make it more wide sounding)

Basicly thats my IR. Personally, I like to mix some Room stuff in there. Live or in rehearsal, it doesn't really matter. But I like that little flavour in it

Back
Top Bottom