8 months later and I'm STILL 100% happy with AXE FX!!!

MusicManJP6

Inspired
FACT: I was once a self-proclaimed gear whore. I traded out Mesa amps and FX pedals on a regular basis. "I give it 2 weeks" was the popular response to my NGD threads. Early February of this year I decided to give in to the AXE FX after hearing a friend's AXEFX A/Bed alongside my Mark V. Immediately sold the Mark V and pedalboard and a week later I had already landed a used AXE FX Standard. Fast forward 8 months and guess what........ I am still 100% happy with my decision to ditch the tube amps and pedalboard in favor of the AXE FX! It is by far the best gear purchase I have made in my near 20 years of playing.

Seems like every week I find another amp sim that makes me smile. My musical interests are broad and varied (from blues to death metal) and every time I sit down with the AXE with a tone in my head I always end up with a preset that nails that tone. I'm impressed over and over again each time I turn this thing on.

For anyone that doubts the power of this unit: I encourage you to forget about any conventional thinking that 'tubes are better' and give it a fair chance. It's all it is cracked up to be and more (IMO). Sure, it might not be for everyone, but for me it is tonal bliss!

I've been cured of my amp and FX GAS. Thanks, Cliff!! Now if you could just cure my guitar GAS! :D

BigMESA said:
Can I bring my JP6 over and try it out, I live in Rock Hill :D

Absolutely, man! You are more than welcome to come check it out. I have a JP6 so you wouldn't even have to bring yours, but that is up to you. Mine is a 2006 standard (compensated nut) in Mystic Dream with matching headstock and the new pickups (Crunch Lab/Liquifire) and push/pull tone pot for coil tapping.

MusicManJP6 said:
FACT: I was once a self-proclaimed gear whore. I traded out Mesa amps and FX pedals on a regular basis. "I give it 2 weeks" was the popular response to my NGD threads. Early February of this year I decided to give in to the AXE FX after hearing a friend's AXEFX A/Bed alongside my Mark V. Immediately sold the Mark V and pedalboard and a week later I had already landed a used AXE FX Standard. Fast forward 8 months and guess what........ I am still 100% happy with my decision to ditch the tube amps and pedalboard in favor of the AXE FX! It is by far the best gear purchase I have made in my near 20 years of playing.

Seems like every week I find another amp sim that makes me smile. My musical interests are broad and varied (from blues to death metal) and every time I sit down with the AXE with a tone in my head I always end up with a preset that nails that tone. I'm impressed over and over again each time I turn this thing on.

For anyone that doubts the power of this unit: I encourage you to forget about any conventional thinking that 'tubes are better' and give it a fair chance. It's all it is cracked up to be and more (IMO). Sure, it might not be for everyone, but for me it is tonal bliss!

I've been cured of my amp and FX GAS. Thanks, Cliff!! Now if you could just cure my guitar GAS! :D

Moved to the review section :)

Back
Top Bottom