76 Uxbridge Rd. Free Plexi Patch for FW 25.04

Burgs

Power User
Apparently that's the location of the first Marshall workshop, which, according to Google Earth, is now a men's barber. So it's still pumping out the heads, although most leave with a little less hair.

This is an 8 Scene Plexi patch. The SLP1959 and other early models have enjoyed an improvement in the cathode follower algorithm department. To my ears that translates as improved dynamics and a little more 'breathiness'. It's all good.

Download: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10993

Hi Brett,

Is this the same as the one you posted in the 25.04 firmware thread?

Thanks
Pauly
Apparently that's the location of the first Marshall workshop, which, according to Google Earth, is now a men's barber. So it's still pumping out the heads, although most leave with a little less hair.

This is an 8 Scene Plexi patch. The SLP1959 and other early models have enjoyed an improvement in the cathode follower algorithm department. To my ears that translates as improved dynamics and a little more 'breathiness'. It's all good.

Download: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10993

Hi Brett,

Is this the same as the one you posted in the 25.04 firmware thread?

Thanks
Pauly
Yep, pretty much. I don't think I changed much between yesterday and today, Pauly. Just made a little vid to show it off, that's all.

FANTASTIC!! Every time I load up one of your presets it just works for me, and always sounds great! I am a Marshall guy from way back and I love this patch. I appreciate your willingness to share with the greater Fractal community. Thank you!

Once again an amazing preset that works so well part of its going into my main preset!
WEIRD question: did you reset the amp block prior to creating the 1959 scene? Reason I ask is when I copied and pasted the 1959 channel and the cab channel into my main preset yours preset sounds a little thicker than my preset even when bypassing every block other than amp and cab.

Thank you very much @Burgs !
Would anyone be so kind to share the second Amp block content as Library block please? Two of my favorites (SV20 and JTM45) are not available to FM3 users after importing the Axe3 version.

Awesome preset. It turned me on to the JTM45 which I don't often use. It's an interesting amp. Marshall yet Fenderesque. I've also been playing Burgs 'Brilliant' preset a lot today. Man I can't get off of scene 3 'SD1+Halo'. Again, another amp I don't often use mostly cuz I didnt' know how to dial them in well...until now.

Once again an amazing preset that works so well part of its going into my main preset!
WEIRD question: did you reset the amp block prior to creating the 1959 scene? Reason I ask is when I copied and pasted the 1959 channel and the cab channel into my main preset yours preset sounds a little thicker than my preset even when bypassing every block other than amp and cab.
Yes, I made a point of resetting each and every amp channel before voicing. Glad you're digging it!
Thanks a lot for your gift. Really great and helps me to better understand the basics!
No probs. It's all good fun for me. More soon.
Awesome preset. It turned me on to the JTM45 which I don't often use. It's an interesting amp. Marshall yet Fenderesque. I've also been playing Burgs 'Brilliant' preset a lot today. Man I can't get off of scene 3 'SD1+Halo'. Again, another amp I don't often use mostly cuz I didnt' know how to dial them in well...until now.
The JTM45 is a killer. It makes a great clean amp, pedal platform, and if you wind the bass out (a lot) and crank everything else, you can be in classic rock territory very quickly. Rock on!
@Burgs presets are the rare ones that work for me without heavy tweaking, thanks a lot!
No problems. I'm glad you're enjoying it. More soon!

FANTASTIC!! Every time I load up one of your presets it just works for me, and always sounds great! I am a Marshall guy from way back and I love this patch. I appreciate your willingness to share with the greater Fractal community. Thank you!
I’ve been saying that for a long time - I literally don’t need to change any of Brett’s presets. Not even tweak the volume.

Leon’s presets are like that for me as well.

When routinely revisiting @Burgs presets I remembered that this preset has 8 amps on FM9/AXE3. Would anyone be so kind to share the second Amp block content as Library block please for us FM3 users? Here in the thread or in DMs. Two of my favorites (SV20 and JTM45) 1are not available when importing the Axe3 version into FM3. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom