Thank you Chef! <3

EDIT: I'm at work and will be for the next 14 hours. Can someone post a clip of the haters patch? I'm dying to hear it!

Dooooooooooh! My bad :)

I just typed in "like" in a English to Swedish translator. So now I tried "I like you" and got Jag "gillar" dig.

:encouragement:

Hahaha, there we go. Yes: like can have a meaning as "similar" to something, as well as meaning to that you like something. Come on folks, say after me:

Swedish Chef: jag gillar dig och dina presets!

(don´t forget to give feedback though...)

;)

Thanks Chef – much appreciated ! I hope the silly comments some have made don’t put you off continuing to contribute in this community.

No, more stuff soon... :) I'd also just briefly like to mention that me and Ian (Iaresee) have smoked a peace pipe over PM and so to speak "patched" things up. H's a great guy and his concerns were legit IMHO. I apologize if I did offend any of you guys in any way with my original post. I know a lot of people contribute to the community and why some of you felt discomfort with the post. But that wasn't my intention at all... Peace folks. Enjoy it!

Now that I like!!
+1

Sent from my iPhone

I'm still lusting for the magic black box. Hopfully this christmas I can justify the purchase. Till then I'll keep hanging out and enjoying the recordings.:encouragement:

100% liked

I'd also just briefly like to mention that me and Ian (Iaresee) have smoked a peace pipe over PM and so to speak "patched" things up. H's a great guy and his concerns were legit IMHO. I apologize if I did offend any of you guys in any way with my original post. I know a lot of people contribute to the community and why some of you felt discomfort with the post. But that wasn't my intention at all... Peace folks. Enjoy it!

Chef, thanks again for graciously accepting my apology. You are an incredible asset to the community and I really do appreciate all that you bring to the Fractal Experience.

For the curious, from my PM:

I could have been far softer with my criticisms of your likes-for-patch approach, for that I apologize. I took a mild feeling of discomfort and expressed it with language that was far exceeded my feelings.

I understand what you were trying to do with the likes approach and I applaud your efforts to get the community engaged and talking about patch creation. Again, I apologize for commenting on it in such a harsh manner.

I totally deserved that "For the Haters" version of the patch. :)

Now, I had (took) time to listen. Sweet haunting sound there Chef!

I like how the reverb swallows a whole lot but still doesn´t overwhelm when spitting it out immediately. Gives an nice pad/drone feel to it, well done!

And they all lived happily ever after......

........Until the eve of the next major Firmware update again and then they lost their shit again.

It's great that we have a plethora of such knowledgeable musicians and audiophiles on this forum. I've often thought that it was a little elitist at times, with certain members keeping their mojo to themselves. Then the likes of Scot, Yek, Chef and others (sorry i forgot you) restored my faith in humanity.

I'm feeling rather affectionate right now.

I love you guys......

No homo. ;)

Glad to see this end positively.... Now, will all the extra voters on this topic please make there way to Chef's Sitar thread to get that one where it needs to be. Thank you very much and "Punch & Pie" will be served shortly after your vote. :victorious:

lol Chef !
May i say my prefered one was the "For Haters" version ? :)
Joking, i really love each one, each one works very good with my Dimarzios ! Thanks again !

New improved and almost entirely reworked patch. I like this much more than the previous one. You really should hear this through your system, Soundcloud doesn't do the Axe-FX justice:

You guys know me, my patches have always been free. However, my previous Pull Me Under patch was downloaded over 1000 times, but only a handful people had the common courtesy to reply to the thread and write me a comment. Sharing is all about getting feedback - positive and negative. I'm really interested to see who the people behind the downloads are and what you guys think. So there are new rules of engagement for my patches from now on: I will post the patch only and ONLY after this post has gotten 100+ likes. That's the price of admission, 1 like per head! :pride: :D THANKS! :)

Chef-wave_zps8611d8eb.gif

I know.. It´s cool to hear how a patch works out for others. Some are demanding a patch, but you don´t hear anything after they got it.

This may be the reason people don´t share ;)

It's a not the typical sound I look for but I think it will be very interresting to understand how this sound was achived. Hm... could it somehow be mixed with the sitar-patch.

Thanks, Chef ... Like others, I'm as interested in checking out the construction and setting of this preset as much as making practical application of it - intriguing tone and 'verb on this one. Appreciate your contributions to the forum.

Thank you so much guys!!! It's been an interesting thread this far... :) There are 4 patches here: First one is the orignal, a bit improved, but saved under FW11 - so it should be good to go with latest firmware. Second one is a Piezo patch for which you will need a piezo equipped guitar to run. This is the new and improved patch. You'll need run the preamp fairly high and set the EQ flat, but tweak to taste. I used the piezo's in my Godin XTSA for this and that's the sound you hear in the sound clip. You need to really crank this loud on a stereo setup. Sit right smack in the middle to get the full 3D wall of sound effect. The third patch is the same patch tweaked for magnetic pickups. For this patch you need the bridge humbucker/middle single coil position on the p/u selector. Experiment with the volume knob to flatten the sound out a bit. And lastly, well figuring how nice some of you guys were to me - hating and all :nightmare: - I decided to make a patch specially for you, so that's the last patch. :p :lol

Enjoy it guys! And if there are any tweaks I can do - let me know and I'll repost. :) I really enjoy this patch, not only for DT, but as an allround "ethereal" clean. It works on a lot of stuff. I hope you'll find it useful! Thanks! :)

You can cook for us anytime Chef. :D

Although we may not say it each and every time you selflessly choose to share with the community, we are truly grateful for your efforts ... and your fine cuisine! :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom