7 String Patches for the STANDARD

Hey guys,

I've heard some amazing 7 string tones recorded on here for Djent/heavy stuff, but alot of them seem to be for the Ultra, i was wondering if any of you had any good ones for the standard you would like to share or if anyone could point me in the right direction, i've tired a few but i think they must be set up for the ultra as they don't sound great,

Anyone that can help it would be massively appreciated, i've just taken the leap to V10.4 so would like to try some new tones out,

As always thanks to anyone taking the time to reply.

Chris

what kind of gear are you using (guitar/pickups/tuning)? I have some good 7 and 8 string patches, but it depends a lot on which 7 or 8 string I'm using.

I'm also interested in this topic, I have a Carvin DC127 (B standard tuning, alder body, SD SH-5 bridge pickup).

Hi Slothy one, i actually PM'd you a while back asking if you wouldn't mind sharing your patches, too be honest guitar aside i would still love to give them a try just as a starting point, i really liked your tone that you posted in another thread hence the PM, if you wouldnt mind sharing them i think it would be great for both of us!

Thanks again

What makes the preset from Ultras not work on Standards? The two amp setup? Just asking because we play nothing but 7's & 8's. I made a bunch of presets on my Ultra. And I can share some but if they need to be changed over I'll help out.

Last edited:
+ 1, that would be great, yeah the two amp setup is the main issue, you can just about get it running, but you can tell its on the verge of dying, i've tried the 'Keith Marrow' patch that was going around that has 2 amps/cabs, it sounds like theres lots of potential in it, but try edit it and you can tell the processors crying hehe.

Thanks..

Hi, here's a Orange and a Diezel we use with 8's and 7's. We're always quite low tuned so I think they may work, if you like them. But we have 2 amp 4 cabs with Own Hammer I.R.'s
Usually cabs from amp 1 are the
412_Mesa_V30-1_SM57_1
412_Mesa_V30-2_Mix-n-Match_2

And amp 2 has
412_Mills_12K_SM57_1
412_SLM_M75_Mix-n-Match_2
These two I uploaded are halves of presets, so they just have 1 amp. I hope they work for ya's. Lot's O' Meat in these ;)

Attachments

• 100 - ORANGE.syx
    2 KB · Views: 218
  • 103 - DIEZEL.syx
    2 KB · Views: 186
  • 104 - UBERSCHALL.syx
    2 KB · Views: 147
  • 102 - POWERBALLZ.syx
    2 KB · Views: 159
  • 101 - RECTIFIER.syx
    2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
@Gorilla - Thanks man, i'll give them a blast tonight and let you know, much appreciated - ngstime - shame on you highjacking my Standard thread hehehe ;)

hey mercurialuk, I just saw your pm now. here is the patch, it's actually very simple.

also, there are a lot of good distortions on the forum. there is one called "das uber" that is great for active pickup 7/8 strings, and one by poster "jpodgan" that has the pvh5105 and recto new in one patch (which you can do on the standard), which is better for passive pickups. try searching for those

p.s. make sure you look at the frequency in the filter, it's attached to an envelope.

Attachments

• 001 - satori preset.syx
    2 KB · Views: 98
hey mercurialuk, I just saw your pm now. here is the patch, it's actually very simple.

also, there are a lot of good distortions on the forum. there is one called "das uber" that is great for active pickup 7/8 strings, and one by poster "jpodgan" that has the pvh5105 and recto new in one patch (which you can do on the standard), which is better for passive pickups. try searching for those

p.s. make sure you look at the frequency in the filter, it's attached to an envelope.

Thanks for posting the patch and the other info, but I searched for "jpodgan" and ...nothing.

Gorilla, got to say thanks for the patches. I tweaked them to work on my standard with dual amps and its pretty sick after I dialed in the eq for my guitar and pups. I do have to ask though, this may be a noob question since i've had my axe a couple days, I do not have the ownhammer impulses but when I downloaded this patch it said I was using user cab 8 and 9. Did I download your impulses with this patch? is that even possible?? Also, it seems so much easier to dial in a tone on any amp with these cabs than any of the stock cabs. so.... thanks again. Think I will be buying ownhammers IR's. you have any luck with redwirez? been looking at those too.

Gorilla, got to say thanks for the patches. I tweaked them to work on my standard with dual amps and its pretty sick after I dialed in the eq for my guitar and pups. I do have to ask though, this may be a noob question since i've had my axe a couple days, I do not have the ownhammer impulses but when I downloaded this patch it said I was using user cab 8 and 9. Did I download your impulses with this patch? is that even possible?? Also, it seems so much easier to dial in a tone on any amp with these cabs than any of the stock cabs. so.... thanks again. Think I will be buying ownhammers IR's. you have any luck with redwirez? been looking at those too.
Hey, glad they work for you and Mercurialuk hope you can use them too. No, I don't think you can download those I.R.'s it's just the slots their in. ((((I think))))
I have never tried the redwirez. I'll add my Uberschall, Rectifier, Powerball to my other post for anyone wanting them. And those new mix and match Ownhammers are sweet :)

Back
Top Bottom