Pick your favorite band...

• Total voters
Yeah, which hand should I cut off? Thanks for these threads. Makes me revisit and critique. If I had to pick or loose a hand I'd pick Pink Floyd. I'm more experimental than technical. Even at that it's so close because both bands were each.

This was a no brainer for me. Floyd is my all-time favorite band. I would have picked them no matter who they were up against. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to like about Rush. Also one of my favorites. They just had no chance in this matchup.

As far as pleading my case...

That does absolutely nothing for me..........I like some Floyd, but they just don't rock my world at all.

Roger Waters has written some cool songs & Gilmour plays some nice melodic solos here & there. He certainly wouldn't have inspired me to take up guitar.

Different strokes for sure..............

This was a no brainer for me. Floyd is my all-time favorite band. I would have picked them no matter who they were up against. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to like about Rush. Also one of my favorites. They just had no chance in this matchup.

As far as pleading my case...

Love Echoes. The first great Pink Floyd song in my opinion.

Rush is very, very, good... Pink Floyd is / was amazing - and somehow reaches my inner core being; David Gilmour is the reason imho.

Piing Floid I say, no dubt.

Gilmour is the reason I am playing guitar.

Though I've never met Floid...

I got into Rush when Moving Pictures came out and instantly loved Alex's playing. Pink Floyd took longer to grow on me, in terms of talent. Now, I here something new in Gilmour's playing every time I listen.

Love both, but prefer Rush as they've inspired me to pick up the guitar again at the end of my teen years and several of their songs hold a special place in my heart.

But picking between these bands is a choice no one should have to make. Ever.

Comparing apples to pears. If I ask my twenty year old daugther who Rush is, she don't know - but has five vinyl PF records.

Absolute case of apples and oranges! I’m 54 years old, grew up with both in my top 10 collection of rock & roll history, but Mr. Floyd and co. left a deeper impact in my personal musical evolution, mainly Mr. Gilmour’s articulate and indistinguishable play… absolutely phenomenal! That doesn’t take any bread away from Rush though, two totally different worlds and each at the top of theirs!

I voted PF by a long shot. Personal preference. I had Rush's first few albums when they came out during my teens and then I saw them live. Bored me to tears. Not sure why, but it did. Doesn't grab me emotionally at all. With PF they have amazing texture and sounds, some cool tunes and David Gilmour. The longer I listen the more I hear Gilmour as the great British blues guitarist 2.0. Epic melodic perfectly toned and phrased blues. And I love good blues, which I hear less and less of the older I get (particularly on guitar).

yea it depends for me I love Rush but there are times where I cant imagine listening to anything else other then Floyd. Both great bands...too great to say which is better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom