Maiden vs. Metallica

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding Gun'n'Roses, I'd be embarrassed to mention more than 5 songs of them I really like :/

Regarding Gun'n'Roses, I'd be embarrassed to mention more than 5 songs of them I really like :/

Well the other two bands play one song over and over again...

Well I do like Metallica but they have Lars and Kirk... two of the world's most overrated musicians.

The new Maiden records sound good though because Caveman mixed them!

Well I do like Metallica but they have Lars and Kirk... two of the world's most overrated musicians.

That's wierd because Lars is one of the two main songwriters in the band. They have taste and their parts fit the music, i think that is important.

Interesting. Currently about 2/3 of you voted Maiden. Web says Maiden sold 85 million albums worldwide, and the vast majority would have been years before the rise of Napster and other file sharing that has since collapsed album sales. Metallica sold 100 million despite file sharing taking off while they were at their peak. So clearly, Metallica is the 'bigger' band. Since both bands are very guitar-centric, I think the reason Maiden wins on this forum must be related to average age around here. Bands from different eras.

Also, Maiden Rulez! \../

On the one hand, I can't stand Maiden. On the other hand, Metallica has sucked giant hairy goat nuts for quite some time.

Metallica sold over 50 million copies of the laughably bad "black" album, but only about 6 million of the genre defining Master of Puppets.

People are stupid.

Metallica sold over 50 million copies of the laughably bad "black" album, but only about 6 million of the genre defining Master of Puppets.

People are stupid.

IMO, the "black" album is masterpiece of recording / mixing / mastering.

I was never a big Metallica fan... they were past my time in some ways. But they put my wife in a good mood... so I'm all about em' now :)

not fair....

I have a spot in my heart for both. Both have had highs and lows in their career. I was a maiden fan b4 tallica and their writing styles are quite different. Metallicas guitar harmonies are influenced by maiden. I wonder what maiden would sound like if they wrote a fast thrash number, like a battery or blackened?

Metallica for me, I appreciate the influences maiden had on the music world but I like a few songs but I don't even like them enough to buy an album. Metallica sucked arse after justice though IMO.

Back
Top Bottom