6.0 is a radical change and I mean that in all ways

FPFL

Experienced
Some of the firmware upgrades have been subtle. I haven't noticed big differences in many of them. I wondered if it was me or if other people were just too hyped.
With 6.0 there can be no question, this is a huge change!

Anyone who says "the presets all sound the same" now is either
1. Having technical difficulties well outside of the AF2
2. High as a kite

I can see how some people think some patches are boom/sizzlier as some certainly are, but by no means all or even half.
I think the differences between certain amps are also dialed in a lot more clearly in the defaults now.

NEVER discount how much you can make one amp sound like another if you want to with the AF2. Now the presets really push some differences out in front where before they were less clear.
This is neither good nor bad IMHO, just a big diff in the presets. Why this is - code changes, preset creation prefs, I don't know, and I don't think its critical either honestly.

Why? In the end, the whole thing really is radically better. I can hear it. If you spin the wheel and find nothing to like I don't understand you, and I can't help you! : )

Thanks Team Frac!!!

If you spin the wheel and find nothing to like I don't understand you, and I can't help you! : )
That's a shame... :mrgreen

I had the same in fw4. 99 out of a 100 sounded *awesome*!
Now it's all sizzle & bass... :| Think I would have to tweak 8 out of 10.
Anyway, they're just presets, but it used to be much more fun for demos, having everything sound good.
I now don't feel like visiting anyone with it...

Just talking monitor sound though. Atomics yet to come.

I agree, if you can't get a good tone now, you would half to be tone deaf, or a first year guitar player, that has used less sophisticated modelers in the past. Like I said in another thread, is that I have been in a strange daze of amazement, on how good this sounds now. I think I know why, Cliff is actually on the forums listening to what people say. If you read it, so has he. He takes it all in, and actually implements the changes that people ask for. The reason that I feel that this is unique is that how many times have you talked to the main guy at roland, line 6 etc. you don't. The reason it is more refined, is that he finally has the time to make things they he(you) wants them. We knew he had it in him, and he has delivered, consistently time and time again. I'm hoping to have an amp fest in Arizona soon, and I can't wait. People don't know until they know, and they will all soon know.

Same for me, I spent about 2 hours yesterday going through the first 50 presets and they all sound great just as they are through my FRFR system. I could use them all live immediately with just some minor changes to the stock amp controls, which I would have to do with any of my real amps.

Some of the preset amps have quite a bit of top end, but not in an unpleasant way, just a lot of harmonic content up there. One of the first things I noticed was my guitar was sustaining nicely with harmonic feedback.

The second thing I've noticed was the dynamics. I was very excited with FW5 because the dynamic controls gave me the feel I'd been looking for. With FW6 I haven't touched it yet because it's already there.

Now I just need to set this all up with my existing presets that have a lot of customized pedals in the chain. Secondly I will tone match my Suhr Badger once I get moved in to my new place and find all my stuff and figure out how to do it.

Thanks FAS.

Back
Top Bottom