Thanks gang for the nice comments!

Very cool Chef. Im going to try it out right now.
Thanks for sharing again.

S A H W E E T !!!!!

Thanks guys! I can always count on your awesome support, I truly appreciate it! 8)

i had a go at your patch, chef. a little "ringy" for me, but seems to work well in a full mix. i stole your resonating delay idea and added one block to my patch in parallel with the resonator which seemed to help. uploaded to axechange if anybody wants it here - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Sitar - by simeon

here's what it sounds like to me (the drones are apple loops)

it's a really hard one to nail 100%, but well done chef and thanks for the ideas!

oh, and sorry for the thread hijack, man!

(btw that pie last night was EPIC!)

Great, I love pie!! :razz

Thank you Simeon! Absolutely no worries, it's a give and take - hijack'r'us! Yeah, it's sort of ringy, but you can always reduce the feedback on the delays and increase the gate at the end. I like your recording, cool patch too. However, I feel like you need to open up the sound more - really get the "zingy" quality out. I would move the cab and place it after the amp, or split the signal with a high pass filter in parallel. The guitar body IR cuts too many high frequencies IMHO. I agree, there are so many variables that make up that tone. I'm glad to be of help. Thank you too! :)

That sounds better that my ravish sitar pedal.It is now for sale.Great job! I will try it out later today.

Great to hear. I heard that pedal on YouTube some time ago and I was like - "There's gotta be a way to nail that - Well, one day...". I will try to nail more tones out of that box. Maybe some automatic harp arpeggios? What do you think?

A. That picture killed me
B. I almost wet myself when I heard the "nom nom" drop
C. I'm downloading this patch now, thank you
D. Quality, as always, Chef :)

Ha ha, great! Thanks! :D

Last edited:
A. That picture killed me
B. I almost wet myself when I heard the "nom nom" drop
C. I'm downloading this patch now, thank you
D. Quality, as always, Chef :)

B!! I am still chuckling while listening to it.... Hahaha love this. Chef, you amaze me..... Howdy Partttt teerrrrr neeerrrr...... right at the end! haha

I thought axefx would never do this, i remembered that someone has post sitar too but he disseapear without any single patch. I think i have to cancel my VG99... I love fractal

LOL!

Nice one, Chef! That clip had me "waste" hours going youtube looking/listening to tabla percussion to give me ideas of how to create their type of sounds in NM G2. Would be fun to use that and your patch in II and fool around some. Didn´t clue in much though but it was inspired by your clip, well done!

What´s the next one: thai?

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Nice! Another killer preset you got going on ;)

One "Like" headed your way from me.... I've have always appreciated the preset "stunts" you can do with the Axe! Your quite the cook,sir :encouragement:

PS: Did you fine tune your "Flesh for Fantasy" patch or are you happy with your final one?

I only get to 0:33 then it stops, what have you done (secret code)?

I really like this sound you magic chef. I also like this indian slide guitar, you've heard it?

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

Done. Now pay up, Chef!

Love the preset! Love the recording! And the Peter Sellers voice overs are just too perfect! (I love that movie)

BRILLIANT!!!!

Peter Sellers voice overs? All I see is a Soundcloud link with no voice overs. I do see an empty space between the first smiley and the SC link that looks like something should be there. What am I missing?

Love the preset! Love the recording! And the Peter Sellers voice overs are just too perfect! (I love that movie)

BRILLIANT!!!!

B!! I am still chuckling while listening to it.... Hahaha love this. Chef, you amaze me..... Howdy Partttt teerrrrr neeerrrr...... right at the end! haha
I could swear it was "Aarti Party" as in the Indian woman/chef? Aarti Sequeira that has a cooking show on Food Network named that. Sounds like it says that and then morphs into Howdy Partner.

Nom Nom also being a food reference and him being the Chef...

could be completely wrong on that of course :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom