Holiday in sweden. I've been listening to Dvorak string quartet's today, Naxos - Vlach quartet.

Anyway here's a yotube glimpse with another quartet.

I was raised on classical music. My Aunt and Uncle were both concert violinists in the Philadelphia Orchestra.

In the vid below, there is a nice close up of my late ex-uncle ("Uncle Bill") at 11:18

My late aunt ("Aunt Barb") appears briefly at 12:23 in the upper right corner, with the french cuffs and white shawl lapel. She also appears at the top of the camera frame at 14:35 - 14:37

I have a classical background on flute. I lean heavily towards Stravinsky and Bartok as far as 20th Century stuff goes.

Ever wondered what an orchestra would sound like, being a train? Gradually speeding up, faster and faster, becoming an unstoppable monstrous machine, finally wreaking havoc.
This is how it sounds:

My favourite composer of all time. Mr Hans Zimmer.

http://vimeo.com/38904839

Justin Woodward's cover of this song is amazing.

Coincidentally, I bought a Fishman Triple Play today. Going to record something with my EWQL Platinum Plus tomorrow and post it.

The body movement thing isn't really about sound; and in things like the second one it's programmatic = problematic.

Ever wondered what an orchestra would sound like, being a train? Gradually speeding up, faster and faster, becoming an unstoppable monstrous machine, finally wreaking havoc.
This is how it sounds...

"...which was inspired by the sound of a steam locomotive." These kinds of pieces of music were influenced by such things, but only partly.

That piece is most rhythmically interesting in the beginning, but then slides into that french variant of neo-classicism. Sort of a bummer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom