Yeah, he loves effects. He uses them to reach the sounds he has "in his head". But notes and technique often remain basic. A genius.

I love how he's poking fun of himself though. Honestly, I wish I had half the effects knowledge of that guy.

Honestly, I wish I had half the effects knowledge of that guy.
It's not that hard, just quit practicing guitar and start practicing efx and soon you'll sound just like him.

Sorry if that sounds cynical but his guitar playing abilities do not impress me.....AT ALL.

It's not that hard, just quit practicing guitar and start practicing efx and soon you'll sound just like him.

Sorry if that sounds cynical but his guitar playing abilities do not impress me.....AT ALL.

I don't know man. For me, The Edge embodies what guitar playing is all about.

Here's a 20 minute walk through of Edge's gear on his latest tour. Man - THE CABLES !!!! That is an EXTRAORDINARILY large amount of equipment!

One thing though - I though Edge was dabbling with the Axe-FX?? I don't see it amongst the myriad of rack gear.

Note: I am not anti-Edge at all. I quite like U2, and wish I could master the art of the delay like he can.

You won't see the AxeFx here. This video is from the PopMart Tour in 1997................

Here's a 20 minute walk through of Edge's gear on his latest tour. Man - THE CABLES !!!! That is an EXTRAORDINARILY large amount of equipment!

One thing though - I though Edge was dabbling with the Axe-FX?? I don't see it amongst the myriad of rack gear.

Note: I am not anti-Edge at all. I quite like U2, and wish I could master the art of the delay like he can.

As a kid I hated him. I didn't understand a thing about songwriting or graceful playing or playing for the song and not for yourself. I'm a changed and wiser man these last 20 years...the Edge is an incredible songwriter and I can say I'm a huge fan now. He's not a technically amazing guitar player but if I had to listen to 20 minutes of U2 or 20 minutes of Yngwie, I'd pick U2 100% of the time. How he incorporated that dotted 1/8 note delay into a cool and unique style is genius and hard work.

20 mins of filming and they kept the bong out of sight the whole time. Impressive!

As a kid I hated him. I didn't understand a thing about songwriting or graceful playing or playing for the song and not for yourself. I'm a changed and wiser man these last 20 years...the Edge is an incredible songwriter and I can say I'm a huge fan now. He's not a technically amazing guitar player but if I had to listen to 20 minutes of U2 or 20 minutes of Yngwie, I'd pick U2 100% of the time. How he incorporated that dotted 1/8 note delay into a cool and unique style is genius and hard work.

+10 to the power of a googolplex!

Back
Top Bottom