5153 w/EVH's live settings (Steel Panther, SoloAWeek 35)

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
SOLOAWEEK: 5153 w/EVH's live settings (Steel Panther)

For SoloAWeek 35, here's Satchel from Steel Panther's burning "Asian Hooker" solo. This is an absolutely 80s-tastic shred fest. Enjoy.

For this solo, I used the 5153 Red amp and dialed in EVH's current live settings as seen in this thread here: Rig-Talk: EVH's touring EVHIII amp. For the rhythm, I used the Blue amp with EVH's settings.

Reuploaded Preset
View attachment Steel Panther .syx

Video

Combined Solos

Main Solo

Harmony Solo

Last edited:
I'm going to upload the preset, but Axe-Edit isn't saving it with anything but 59 Bassman right now, since AE doesn't recognize the 5153 yet.

update to the latest version of AE, the new amps are there. :)

BTW, simply awesome as usual!

Excellent! Funny too!

It's a lot of work to do video and you always do such a polished job. Thanks so much for all the effort!

Cool 80's stuff!!
But the patch is silent, can't seem to find anything muted either. It was the same with the Paul Gilbert patch you did a while ago too... Is it only me?

ztevie said:
Cool 80's stuff!!
But the patch is silent, can't seem to find anything muted either. It was the same with the Paul Gilbert patch you did a while ago too... Is it only me?

Dammit. Why??? This happens with every patch I save. I'll re export and upload when I get home from dinner.

Take the pitch shifter out of the beginning of the patch. Works fine

Of course! It was a global block and didn't select unlink blocks when I first exported. Good catch. I exported the new upload with GBs off, so it should work with the pitch shifter as well. But if you really want the best tone, tune down the actual guitar, of course. I just don't like the hassle of tuning down a floating trem-equipped guitar.

Of course! It was a global block and didn't select unlink blocks when I first exported. Good catch. I exported the new upload with GBs off, so it should work with the pitch shifter as well. But if you really want the best tone, tune down the actual guitar, of course. I just don't like the hassle of tuning down a floating trem-equipped guitar.

Aha! So global blocks must be unlinked. Good to know... Your Gilbert patch worked when bypassing the Tonematch block, even though it sounds as playing thru a can. That tonematch block is also global then?

Aha! So global blocks must be unlinked. Good to know... Your Gilbert patch worked when bypassing the Tonematch block, even though it sounds as playing thru a can. That tonematch block is also global then?

That issue with the tone match block was I believe a separate issue with Axe Edit that has now been fixed in the new version. I'll repost that preset, too, so it isn't like playing through a can

Awesome playing Carter! Do you figure that stuff out by ear? It's dead-on accurate.

On a related note...Steel Panther kicks ass. For a "joke" band, they all have some serious chops and put on a great show. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in July.

Back
Top Bottom