5150 vs VH4 vs Dual Recto, which one wins?

didnt like any of them :) all sounded to refined and digital. With the axe u are able to make it sound more like a real amp.

VH4 Sounds amazing in the mix, definitely stands out to my ears. 5150 in second and I just wasn't feeling the shape of the recto. Great work man, love it!

Kostein amazing tones as always:) they are all sick, i always love the 5150 because it can be tweaked to death, but the VH4 as the presets stand now,sounds better

I thought they all sounded great! I really believe they will all sound a little bit different on everyone else's set up.But with a few very minor tweaks will sound kisk ass! For the people that said it sounds to "digital" I dont get that.It was just a drive,amp and 2 cabs?On a couple of them. Great job!!!!

VH4 Sounds amazing in the mix, definitely stands out to my ears. 5150 in second and I just wasn't feeling the shape of the recto. Great work man, love it!

Zomgasm,

Agreed...I replied to the other video (Axe-FX II Amp-Blending) and was trying to explain those tones almost exactly as you did (only that video also stacked a JCM800 along with different combinations of these amps.)

Bill

Are these presets supposed to sound really high end? I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if that's in reality what the guitars sound like when accompanied by bass. I mean no offense at all... it just sounds like there is no way the guitars could remotely stand alone. I'm more worried that it is something else that I'm doing wrong or have set up wrong.

When I'm building presets for recording I always try to get a tone that will need minimal processing (EQ, compression, etc) once it's tracked. That means I always try to think of how the bass will roughly affect the tone and tweak accordingly. Once I'm happy with a tone I start tracking to hear how good it sounds and if doesn't sound right I go back to tweaking again. Rinse and repeat.

One of the reasons that these tones may not sound high end to you might be due to your setup. There's a million parameters that can affect a signal, guitar wood, pickups, amp/cab/speakers to name a few. What might sound great in one setup may not sound half as good in another. Try tweaking these a bit to hear if it makes any difference.

When I'm building presets for recording I always try to get a tone that will need minimal processing (EQ, compression, etc) once it's tracked. That means I always try to think of how the bass will roughly affect the tone and tweak accordingly. Once I'm happy with a tone I start tracking to hear how good it sounds and if doesn't sound right I go back to tweaking again. Rinse and repeat.

One of the reasons that these tones may not sound high end to you might be due to your setup. There's a million parameters that can affect a signal, guitar wood, pickups, amp/cab/speakers to name a few. What might sound great in one setup may not sound half as good in another. Try tweaking these a bit to hear if it makes any difference.

this is so true, I have patches that sound gerat thru my KRK's and not so good thru Chris's Mackie HD 1221 (that I have on loan :) )
and vice versa. I just assumed whatever sounded good thru the Rokits would sound good thru the Mackie.
Not true, they sound very different.
BTW your Recto patch sounds "good" thru the rokits , it sounds freaking great thru the Mackie.

Back
Top Bottom