5150 vs VH4 vs Dual Recto, which one wins?

kostein

Inspired
I've been working on my patches as of late and I made a couple with the aforementioned amps. To compare them I recorded a little clip to hear how they sound in a mix. Then I thought of making a video to see what people think. Without further ado here you go. Which one do you think sounds the best?

Edit: Here are the presets. Note that on the VH4 and the 5150 I used parametric EQ in my DAW to remove some of the fizz, -6db at 2khz. This may not be needed with some setups but I thought I'd put it here anyway. I'd love to hear other players' clips with these.

Attachments

• kostein 5150 #1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 200
  • kostein Recto #1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 168
  • kostein VH4.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 155
  • kostein's Bass #1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Wow, indeed, I like em all, and the cool riffing. Did you program the drums, if so with what? I wold love the presets as well.
vh4
recto

I would scoop the vh4 less, and scoop the recto more. Patches please!

VH4, sounds like a panzer on the battlefield!

p.s. recto/5150 sound more nasal/squashed and a bit tiring if listened for a long time. but recto sounds more "musical".

liked 5150 but the VH4 a bit more...maybe due to the PEQ's in the chain? Patches please!!! esp the VH4 if you're so inclined:)

It's interesting to see what people like/dislike. For me the Recto still needs a bit of work to be on par with the other two, yet some of you like it the best. I might try to blending them to hear how they sound when I have time, that would be interesting. Oh, I uploaded the presets on the OP. Enjoy 8)

Are these presets supposed to sound really high end? I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if that's in reality what the guitars sound like when accompanied by bass. I mean no offense at all... it just sounds like there is no way the guitars could remotely stand alone. I'm more worried that it is something else that I'm doing wrong or have set up wrong.

Back
Top Bottom