AFIII 5 Killer Tones - FW 11

Sorry Leon, the Strat rules...Love your PRS videos but just love that Strat vibe-killer tones. The AXE III just has that added articulation and dimension that my beloved AX8 seems to be missing listening to this; thought I'd wait for the FM3 but why would I? Happy Thanksgiving to you down under and thank you for your selfless contributions that make us all want to play!

Thanks guys. The strat is a YJM model with a replacement Warmoth body. Super mellow guitar which is surprising given the name on the headstock. Blackmore, SRV and YJM were big influences for me early on so a strat always feels homely to me.

So I needed something to do while my oven was preheating; thought I'd come noodle on the AxeIII through a new pair of FRFRs for 10 minutes... clicked this preset since it was at the top of AxeChange... long story short, my oven's been hot and foodless for the last hour. All on 4/5 alone!

Great video Leon, I was also inspired by Blackmore and later YJM. I have a 73 black Strat w/maple neck and whammy, which I later modified by changing the bridge and neck pickups to PAF humbuckers in the late 70's, thanks to my major influence Allan Holdsworth. That guitar is mellow also for some reason, large headstock? Back then we made mods to our guitars to make it sound like we wanted and didn't care what the resale value was going to be in the future, I did however learn how to use a router and wire guitars in the process.

For some reason I missed the following video @2112 it is simply amazing?

Can you share this preset please so we can see how you set the gain enhancer etc?

cheers

rafa

I was scrolling through patches tried this and just came to say brilliant work. You have always seem to have the right approach to building sounds and a great ear for tone. Thumbs up!!

Back
Top Bottom