4CM snake

I ordered this using your specs, changed the right angle to straight and included the strain relief under the colored sleeves that you mentioned. Same price. Sweet! Thanks.

I guess it just doesn't look gig worthy to me. I think cables are a poor place to scrimp when using a $1400 processor with an expensive amp and gear. Not having this in my hand I can't know for sure, but I'd trust my Besttronics cables over what I'm seeing in the pictures.

Does Bestronics make a snake? I also need 2 TRS for channel switching etc (so 5 channel snake).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 30 foot humbuster cables from Fractal. I just stuffed my cables in one of these:

Amazon.com: Techflex 3/4 F6 Split Sleeving 25 feet Black: Office Products

If you want to add a cable, no problem. If a cable goes bad, replacing is no problem.

Me too. I made my own individual cables (2 Humbuster, one regular) and then put them into a similar braided PET sleeving, except not the split-sleeve.

That braided sleeving is great stuff!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pet+...v&sa=X&ei=R3yVVeLgG9LHogSv0av4Bw&ved=0CDkQsAQ

Ok so I have a PRS Archon 100. I'm going to run it in 4CM. So I need 2 humbuster cables and two regular instrument cables?

Now for the amp Channel switching, my amp has a footswitch that connects to the amp with a pin type not sure if it's midi or not. So how do I order a custom snake with this stuff? Also, I actually want the Neutrik connectors does this company do those as well? Thanks

Ok so I have a PRS Archon 100. I'm going to run it in 4CM. So I need 2 humbuster cables and two regular instrument cables?

Now for the amp Channel switching, my amp has a footswitch that connects to the amp with a pin type not sure if it's midi or not. So how do I order a custom snake with this stuff? Also, I actually want the Neutrik connectors does this company do those as well? Thanks

The first cable in 4CM is your guitar to FX8 cable, so that doesn't count in the snake. The FX8 out to amp input and FX8 out to amp FX return should be humbusters. The out from amp FX send to FX8 post in should be TS. You may or may not be able to use relays from the FX8 to switch channels on the Archon. Download the FX8 manual and read up on the relays and contact PRS to see if they are compatible. If not, you can use MIDI with a 3rd party interface (the Archon connector is not MIDI). Contact RJM Music to see if they support the Archon with one of their Gizmos. REDCO will use any cable or connector you want, built however you like. They are a complete custom fabrication company.

This thread is awesome, but I wish I had seen it 2 days ago before dropping fifty bucks on just TRS-TS cables alone :(

I like this idea, however I want 2 TRS for the mark V 3-channel amp. I try to change to a 5 channel snake and the cable mfg you selected was not available. Any ideas?

thanks
I had REDCO build a cable with a 4 channel and 2 channel snake held together with TecFlex. I use the 2 channel snake to switch the channels on my amp via the FX8. The other snake is for the FX8 4CM, I use the extra channel as a mic cable feed.

just one point I did not understand ... if this is the "right" cable management for 4CM method ...

GUITAR [TS] >> FX8 pre IN [TS]

FX8 pre OUT [TRS - "humbuster"] >> ampli IN [TS]

ampli send [TS] >> FX8 post IN [TS]

FX8 post OUT [TRS - "humbuster"] >> ampli return [TS]

why on the FX8 we have the label "balanced" even on "POST - IN" ???

just one point I did not understand ... if this is the "right" cable management for 4CM method ...

GUITAR [TS] >> FX8 pre IN [TS]

FX8 pre OUT [TRS - "humbuster"] >> ampli IN [TS]

ampli send [TS] >> FX8 post IN [TS]

FX8 post OUT [TRS - "humbuster"] >> ampli return [TS]

why on the FX8 we have the label "balanced" even on "POST - IN" ???

there is more than one correct way to use the fx8. i imagine the balanced inputs are there for someone who wants to use the fx8 in the studio to add effects to a dry track.

Search BTPA cables for
AS-ARCHON01-XX

This is what I got for my Archon!

there is more than one correct way to use the fx8. i imagine the balanced inputs are there for someone who wants to use the fx8 in the studio to add effects to a dry track.

yeah ... maybe you're right ...

but in studio, if you need a stereo effect, usually you use L + R connectors with TS / TS cables

I was talking about putting a TRS connector to use a single cable ...

Back
Top Bottom