AFIII 40 min live video - Stick+Axe3

I used my AxeIII for this summer tour with a Chapman Stick. It worked great for dual inputs, but I have now set up my patches in an FM3 Turbo to travel light between venues. I got a bit bored with all the schlepping... how spoiled we are these days :)

Per

As a fellow Stickist using Fractal FM9 and Axe III, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your presets? I have a vague recollection of Emmett complimenting your use of subtle effects within your signal path.

Love the feel of your composition.

Per

As a fellow Stickist using Fractal FM9 and Axe III, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your presets? I have a vague recollection of Emmett complimenting your use of subtle effects within your signal path.

Sure! I will write a note to my future self to upload my FM3 turbo Stick patch at patch x-change (or whatever the name is, can't recall it right now). There's a line of peeps waiting for my additions in different projects and I have to get done with that first.

Love the feel of your composition.

Nice. I'm happy you like the music. I have particularly composed and picked covers that will work in huge church halls (too much fast stuff would muddy up inside the ambiance). But in this video, I used my Axe 3 and those patches just don't fit into the memory of the FM3 Turbo. But I have to say that when it comes to tone and musicality of the sound, I actually like the FM3T better. Maybe because of the CPU-saving programming mentioned below?

One big FM3 memo saver I found out about is to use one amp and cab for both sides of the stick but separate EQ for the two inputs (pre Amp/Cab). And to bring down the CPU requirement I use a plex delay instead of reverb with some harmonizer feedback. What I always do is to cut low frequencies out on the melody side, without that the boomy bass string subs would leak over into the melody side pickup and the full sound would become untamable. Until I can export the patch and upload it I'm posting a screenshot below. Oh, the amp is a Vibrato Verb AA (my fav for stick since AxeFX2) but in the video two, on for each side output of the Stick.

Download Link http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10612

Stick-Konsert-FM3T.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom