4 to the floor - ducking sidechain? How?

Blor007

Inspired
Hi,

I would like to have a "ducking" effect.
As you would have in techno songs the kick drum triggers the compression of the guitar.
Note: I do NOT wish to input my drummers kickdrum in the axe fx, this would be too much hassle.

Also the pattern of the drum are always Kicks on 1/4's. So no variation is needed :)

How would one achieve this with the Axe fx?

Help would be much appreciated :)

You cannot sidechain anything without an input signal to chain it to, I'm not sure if this is possible with the axe or not, but if you're not willing to input signal to run a sidechain this will never happen

I was thinking in the line of

1) having a synth make short bursts in a 1/4's timing thus triggering the sidechain compression of the guitar.

2) Having a sort of ASDR on the compression envelope that is in timing with the song.

I have seen Yek and Fremen being very smart and creative in this so I know it can be done :D

It can be done : trigger the Synth enveloppe in sync with tempo. Put synth in row 1 for instance. Set the compressor sidechain input to row 1 and you're done.

This is interesting..would you mind posting your patch once you get it figured out? I have application for this as well. In the mean-time, I'll try to do some figgern' on my own.

It can be done : trigger the Synth enveloppe in sync with tempo. Put synth in row 1 for instance. Set the compressor sidechain input to row 1 and you're done.

Well the kick drum is quite specific in giving a large punch/transient-ish sound. Just making the synth go WUUbuuWUUbuuWUUbuu won't do the trick I presume. But I'll try :D

I am intrigued by this as well as I do a sh*t ton of side chaining in my music. Would be awesome to incorporate it in the axe instead of a DAW. On a side note, can't this same effect be achieved with a tremolo?

https://soundcloud.com/futurluv/halo-8

You genious! Tremelo also seems as a very valuable option! I will try it as soon as I get home :)

This is interesting..would you mind posting your patch once you get it figured out? I have application for this as well. In the mean-time, I'll try to do some figgern' on my own.

Yes I will :)

Back
Top Bottom