4 Cable Method?

schrismer

Inspired
Does anyone know if with all the new In's and Out's....can we assume that Axe-Fx III will be better for the 4 cable Method like the FX8? .... thoughts?

With all the I/O on this thing, you could probably work out a dual 4 cable method through two different amps, at once.

Agreed ..... only this is.... I run an FX8 right now live... and it is truly QUITE .... like I have no hum's.... nothing. and the FX8 is built for that... so, I'm just wondering is the AxFxIII going to be built closer to the FX8 quality as for the I/O's?

Agreed ..... only this is.... I run an FX8 right now live... and it is truly QUITE .... like I have no hum's.... nothing. and the FX8 is built for that... so, I'm just wondering is the AxFxIII going to be built closer to the FX8 quality as for the I/O's?

AX8 has the same specs with regard to noise as FXII. The III is announced to be better. Don't see why it should give you any worse results.

Also, since the III is a rack unit, it'll be sitting next to your amp, so you'll have short cables, and that alone may give you better result.

The same for me, i really love the quiteness of the FX8. But does the FXIII have that special components that make the FX8 specially targeted for 4CM? And as i can see the FXIII lacks the 2 outputs for relay switches that for me is crucial for switching channel and engage the extra boost on my Mezzabarba MZero head!

As good or better.

Awesome .... that is what I need to know!

The same for me, i really love the quiteness of the FX8. But does the FXIII have that special components that make the FX8 specially targeted for 4CM? And as i can see the FXIII lacks the 2 outputs for relay switches that for me is crucial for switching channel and engage the extra boost on my Mezzabarba MZero head!

RJM gizmo.... will make it very easy with MIDI!!

My tube head doesn't have midi control feature, and the idea of adding another device like the RJM to supply for the lack of relay switches control doesn't make me too happy! Anyway thanks for the suggestion!

My tube head doesn't have midi control feature, and the idea of adding another device like the RJM to supply for the lack of relay switches control doesn't make me too happy! Anyway thanks for the suggestion!

I get it man.... but RJM stuff makes it easy... and your amp doesn't need MIDI .... just research it.... won't hurt anything... I'm glad I had a Buddy teach me/share the RJM stuff with me!!!
@skracus

I agree the RJM stuff is excellent, I've used their products for years with my Boogie RKII. Excellent support from Ron as well he always email's you back. Currently using the Mini Amp Gizmo to change channels on my amp with the XL+ and using the Mastermind GT as my midi board. Looking forward to see Ron get the GT working with the III. It's gonna be awesome!

AX8 has the same specs with regard to noise as FXII. The III is announced to be better. Don't see why it should give you any worse results.

Also, since the III is a rack unit, it'll be sitting next to your amp, so you'll have short cables, and that alone may give you better result.

Just FYI - he was referring to the FX8, not the AX8....unless I misread your point? The FX8 is quieter than the AX8 for 4CM.

RR

I had Mesa Boogie's RoadKing one of the best amps in the world. I had the same problem. I ended up using SoundSculpture's FootSim. It was fantastic. 4 1/4" outputs controlled by a small box, which I velcroed to the back wall of the head. I worked better than the Kontroller pedal board for the amp. That will take care of the issue and not have to run 4 cables to you pedal board. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom