3-year warranty available in Europe?

will the store option of adding a 3-year warranty be available
in the store at G66? Haven't purchased anything from them before,
but for those of you that have, do you k ow?

will the store option of adding a 3-year warranty be available
in the store at G66? Haven't purchased anything from them before,
but for those of you that have, do you k ow?
Check the G66 homepage. Everything they sell is with a 3-year warranty at no extra cost:
http://g66.eu/da/support/service

EASY REPAIRS – NO COSTS
We provide a 36 month guarantee. Any article found to be defective within the first month will be replaced (dependent on availability). On top of this within the first year we will pick up defective products at our own expense anywhere in Europe and will repair and carefully check them in our in-house workshop, generally within 48 hours. Then we ship them back home to you in perfect working order once again.

Don't buy one from the US store if it comes up. I'm assuming you're located in Europe. For obvious reasons G66 will only honour warranty claims on units bought from them, so you'd have a giant headache sending it back to the US if you buy from there.
It shouldn't be like that. A brand should be kept by their distributors, not by whoever makes the sale. Same as cars, really.

It shouldn't be like that. A brand should be kept by their distributors, not by whoever makes the sale. Same as cars, really.
Agreed, and I think when and if Fractal start selling to main distributors and chains
that might change. Then again, Europes largest retailer, Thomann, with thousands of brands
gives heir own three year warranty on all brands.

If you buy a car in US the waranty does NOT work if you import it to EU. Especially if you import it illigally without paying taxes and VAT.

I am pretty sure Fractal won't sell to you outside of the USA and Canada anyway, saying that you must purchase from your local distributer. Get it from G66, they are top notch. We may have to wait a little while, but the extra security of a local(ish) distributer is well worth it IMHO!

I am pretty sure Fractal won't sell to you outside of the USA and Canada anyway, saying that you must purchase from your local distributer. Get it from G66, they are top notch. We may have to wait a little while, but the extra security of a local(ish) distributer is well worth it IMHO!
There are always ways to buy these things from outside the US: have it sent to a forwarding company for example. Someone said about having Fractal stuff stocked in retail chains, but presumably that's just another party that needs to get paid and would make the products more expensive.

Yes and no, I have a US shipping adress etc, and people have been using such for years purchasing from Fractal and others.
But, after signing up I started doing some numbers, and turns out I will actually get it cheaper from G66 since the shipping
cost Fractal -> US adress -> Sweden is way, way higher than G66 -> Sweden.
Another thing for me personally with a EU VAT-no is that G66 will lift the VAT before shipping which means
i won't be out 25% Swedish VAT for months before getting that back. Put that together with the warranty thing,
it's a no-brainer that I will wait for my G66 slot to come up and decline the US should that come before.

Another thing for me personally with a EU VAT-no is that G66 will lift the VAT before shipping which means i won't be out 25% Swedish VAT for months before getting that back.
Curious about this. Is this because you work in the music industry and can claim it as an expense? (I've seen lots of your videos by the way - killer playing). I also have an EU VAT number, but I'm pretty ignorant about the refunds side of things and work in another industry anyway, so I'm guessing I can't do this.

Curious about this. Is this because you work in the music industry and can claim it as an expense? (I've seen lots of your videos by the way - killer playing). I also have an EU VAT number, but I'm pretty ignorant about the refunds side of things and work in another industry anyway, so I'm guessing I can't do this.

I have my own company, in Sweden (at least) you can have something called "individual business", which can
be pretty much anything. I use this to be able to invoice for gigs and such, but also to be able to lift VAT
on purchases (we have 25% VAT in Sweden), and of course buy gear for money pre-tax).
However, the VAT-no is for the "clinic, studio, lessons etc" part of my business, I can't for example
invoice a venue and add VAT if I'm performing on stage (could however invoice with VAT if I did
it for another band performing).

And yes, if your business (and hence VAT-no) isn't registered as an Artist, Music Industry etc,
you would have a hard time explaining a fractal purchase as relevant to your business.

EDIT: And thanks for the kind words regarding my vids and stuff :)

And yes, if your business (and hence VAT-no) isn't registered as an Artist, Music Industry etc, you would have a hard time explaining a fractal purchase as relevant to your business.
EDIT: And thanks for the kind words regarding my vids and stuff :)
Gotcha, thanks Richard. Hope you can post some videos when you get your AX8. Just subscribed on youtube :)

If you buy a car in US the waranty does NOT work if you import it to EU. Especially if you import it illigally without paying taxes and VAT.
If I import a car from a brand that has a retailer where I live they will honor the warranty and do the recalls. It's the same for most -not all- of the things I import that have a retailer closer to me.
My own Canadian import American-made Jeep Cherokee is a good example.
The other cases include servicing, but not substitution of the item.

Distributors will do as they please, but as representatives of the brand it would be a good policy to honor warranties of equipment that has no difference whatsoever, except for the power cable.

Last edited:
Gotcha, thanks Richard. Hope you can post some videos when you get your AX8. Just subscribed on youtube :)
Oh for sure, and thanks for the subscription!
I have actually been in hiatus for a while now, moved to a new city and new job (Financial manager)
this summer with the wife and daughter. And my super-duper-mega-ultra-behemoth of an amp
has been in the making for about a year now. Once we start the new year, my amp is done etc I
have a long list of demos to do starting with the Tapp amp and the Fibenare Erotic.

Then my plan is to do more smaller "free lick/line" stuff etc on a regular basis once the AX8 comes,
since that will finally solve my problems with getting a good lined tone without hooking up amp, Two Notes etc etc
in our small apartment.

EDIT: Build progress:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.478096929038482.1073741828.478090175705824&type=3

If I import a car from a brand that has a retailer where I live they will honor the warranty and do the recalls. It's the same for most -not all- of the things I import that have a retailer closer to me.
My own Canadian import American-made Jeep Cherokee is a good example.
The other cases include servicing, but not substitution of the item.

Distributors will do as they please, but as representatives of the brand it would be a good policy to honor warranties of equipment that has no difference whatsoever, except for the power cable.
Then I am sure you imported it legally with all taxes and VAT paid.

Then I am sure you imported it legally with all taxes and VAT paid.
Paying your taxes has nothing to do with warranty, at all.

The fact that taxes and warranty happen after the purchase are their only coincidence in this matter.
Even more, if I buy an AX8 from someone after a year, I wouldn't pay taxes at all, or even money if we agree so, but I would still have two years of warranty to apply.

In short: Completely unrelated.

Paying your taxes has nothing to do with warranty, at all.

The fact that taxes and warranty happen after the purchase are their only coincidence in this matter.
Even more, if I buy an AX8 from someone after a year, I wouldn't pay taxes at all, or even money if we agree so, but I would still have two years of warranty to apply.

In short: Completely unrelated.

Off course you would still have to pay import taxes and VAT if the unit is used. Exactly as you would if the car you import is used.
So no. Not unrelated at all.

Off course you would still have to pay import taxes and VAT if the unit is used. Exactly as you would if the car you import is used.
So no. Not unrelated at all.
I'm not talking about IMPORTING a used unit, but BUYING a used unit. I wouldn't have to pay any taxes and warranty would still be valid.

Stop talking nonsense please. Taxes and warranties are not and never will be related. Period.

Back
Top Bottom