3-year warranty available in Europe?

I'm not talking about IMPORTING a used unit, but BUYING a used unit. I wouldn't have to pay any taxes and warranty would still be valid.

Stop talking nonsense please. Taxes and warranties are not and never will be related. Period.
G66's official line is that some people bring units into Europe without paying import duties and they (G66) can't be doing anything to encourage that practice, i.e. by providing support on those units. There are of course other reasons on their side. The fact is, this type of policy is common practice. Suhr Guitars for example will only provide support in your region if you buy in your region. It's not like it's unique to Fractal or G66. I can think of several reasons why this kind of setup is put in place in this kind of industry versus for ex. the motor industry, but I should probably stop farting about on this forum and get back to work.

G66 give fantastic service and will also transfer a warranty to a new purchaser providing they sold the unit originally.
As far as I can see from info on the Fractal site the warranty for US sales only applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable on re-sale. This is not unusual and it seems to be the distributor's choice of the warranty's terms and how it is implemented. Boogie in the US give several years, in the UK it's only one for example.

I'm not talking about IMPORTING a used unit, but BUYING a used unit. I wouldn't have to pay any taxes and warranty would still be valid.

Stop talking nonsense please. Taxes and warranties are not and never will be related. Period.

If you buy a used unit then the waranty follows the unit. If the unit is imported from US then it has no waranty, and that will stay that way. If the unit is bought from G66 then it has 3 year waranty, and that will also stay that way no matter how many times it is sold and bought.
You were the one that started to talk about imported units. Not me.

You were the one that started to talk about imported units. Not me.
Absolutely right. And I got some nice answers from BIlly and Jezza.

You alone however, chose to babble about Taxes, which are not and will not ever be related to warranties.

Since my purchase window in the US is gone I might consider G66, or keep my AmpliFire. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Sometimes people cannot understand, sometimes they choose not to WANT TO understand.
Is all good :)

I think the main thing here is to separate imported goods from goods bought within national borders
(used or new). I think Ole understood you as referring only to an imported unit (per your example of importing a car),
then of course correct, if we both lived in the same country and you bought a unit off me you wouldn't have to pay additional taxes,
and any remaining warranty would be transferred.

If within the European Union, we could even have that same purchase without adding tax or customs charge.
As soon as you cross that EU border though, if buying from say Norway or the US, any goods regardless of age
would be taxed and subject to customs charges.

And again, of course warranty has nothing to do with from where a unit was purchased. The producer might have
opted to use a limited warranty, only valid within say the US and not transferable outside their borders.
They might then, or might not, have a national re-seller that will honor that warranty, but it is by no means
dictated by law that this must be the case.

Back
Top Bottom