3.00 Amp voicings: What is it?

HI all,

I'm new the Axe II and amp learning my way around this amazing unit. I can't for the life of me find the amp voicing feature in any of the amp menus or in the GUI. Can anyone help me on that one. And yes I do feel stupid asking :^D

HI all,

I'm new the Axe II and amp learning my way around this amazing unit. I can't for the life of me find the amp voicing feature in any of the amp menus or in the GUI. Can anyone help me on that one. And yes I do feel stupid asking :^D

Are you running the latest firmware (v.3.02)?

Yes, I think I got it. I just updated the editor to 1.0.242 and wallah! All of the features were in the menus. I also did find them in the unit. I got confused!!! oh well. Can't say I'm not having fun anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Not have a Axe II, but playin in Axe Edit with these "preselects". It seems, that they change adjustments in the advanced settings (Power Amp, etc...). So, for me, it seems like to have presets for the advanced settings ..... try it and have a look into it ...

Not have a Axe II, but playin in Axe Edit with these "preselects". It seems, that they change adjustments in the advanced settings (Power Amp, etc...). So, for me, it seems like to have presets for the advanced settings ..... try it and have a look into it ...

That's what they do. They don't add any secret settings to the thing, they just do a series of adjustments to sets of parameters.

As an aside, if you note what they change and how, it's an education.

Presets are just groups of parameter settings. Nothing magic, nothing secret, nothing at all. Just settings.

Do we know if voicings change any parameters that aren't exposed to us, or are they only changing parameters that are accessible via the Axe menus?

I tried to explore this via the editor (don't have my II yet), and different amp voicing changed the same settings in exactly the same way on the amp I tried it on, which was the 59 bassguy.

Back
Top Bottom