2x12 Cabinet FOMO snake oil

Shredology

Experienced
Hi guys, Merry Christmas
I am looking for the ultimate 2x12 cab. Not FRFR, this is for my last remaining couple of tube amps.
There seem to be four cabinets that are marketing themselves as something special
Feiten
Barefaced
Jackson ampworks
Z-best
I would love to have opinions/experiences/recommendations
Thanks

I'm a fan of detuned 2x12s. Of the ones you picked though, I like the Jackson or the Barefaced.
Ultimate? Personally, I'd probably have someone build me an oversized London Power SPKR 2x12 wired for optional stereo.

Last edited:
My 2x12 is from Avatar, I had it built with a Vintage 30 and a G12K-100. Multi-combo connection plate on the back allows you to run just one or the other (or both in stereo), or both in combined mono. You also get to pick the style/size/materials/finish/etc for the enclosure.

Not sure if it's the 'ultimate', but it's perfect for what I needed it for :)

My 2x12 is from Avatar, I had it built with a Vintage 30 and a G12K-100. Multi-combo connection plate on the back allows you to run just one or the other (or both in stereo), or both in combined mono. You also get to pick the style/size/materials/finish/etc for the enclosure.

Not sure if it's the 'ultimate', but it's perfect for what I needed it for :)
Interesting. Not a speaker combo that I have heard much about

The PRS oversized 2x12 is a beast, the other option is to get a nice pine cab made and load it with one Ceramic and one Alnico driver, hell of a sound :)

For max versatility why not the Mesa Boogie Road King 2 x 12??

I am pretty sure @Jambi has one, if I am remembering correctly.
Love it! Here to answer any questions you may have.

Just a quick TLDR; mono/stereo, Vintage 30 in the open half, Alnico Cream in the closed. You can swap the two, and both combos work great. That’s just where I’ve been riding for a while.

I also picked up a top open, bottom closed Mesa 4x12. Thing is great with the Fractal too.

I'm a fan of detuned 2x12s. Of the ones you picked though, I like the Jackson or the Barefaced.
Ultimate? Personally, I'd probably have someone build me an oversized London Power SPKR 2x12 wired for optional stereo.
Is this a 4x12 with only 2 speakers or a 2x12 with only 1 speaker? Detuned is a new term for me.

For max versatility why not the Mesa Boogie Road King 2 x 12??

I am pretty sure @Jambi has one, if I am remembering correctly.
Looking at the things that claim to be more than a speaker box. I am wondering if there is some magic in the special sauce porting/venting of some of these manufactures.

Im surprised we don't see more 10's used, they are much more balanced for guitar tones in my opinion. Although we are not discussing FRFR here, two G10 Creambacks and a Matrix amp sound wonderful being feed your Fractal device of choice.
Interesting. I have no experience with 10's

If you can find one of the old GK 2X12 guitar cabs, they are exceptional.

It sounds big and everything I threw at it sounded good.

The design was an unusual ported design that I don't see people making anymore.

I should have never sold that cab.

Back
Top Bottom