2x12 Bogner Oversized Cab with Celestion V30 + G12H 30 70th Anniversary UR-IR

UPDATED 2x12 Bogner Oversized Cab with Celestion V30 + G12H 30 70th Anniversary UR-IR

Hi all,

today i made my first UltraRes-IR´s with my new Axe FX 2 XL :)

I think they came out pretty well and want to share them with you.

I replaced one V30 speaker of my Bogner 2x12 closed back cab with a celestion G12H 30 watts 70th Anniversary speaker and it sounds great- Nice clarity and tight bottom-end.

I use this Cab with my Marshall JVM 410 Head.

Recording chain: AXE FX out-> Power amp JVM in -Master Vol set to 8 o´clock

The first 2 IR´s are miked like this: G12H ->sm57->BAE 1073 Pre-amp->Speck XSum Mixer->Axe FX in
V30 ->Sennheiser e906->BAE 1073 Pre-amp->Speck XSum Mixer->Axe FX in

The last 2 IR´s I switched the microphones: G12H-> Sennheiser e906, V30->sm57

EDIT: I did 2 IR´s of each speaker/microphone combination with slightly different microphone positions. File 1 and 3 are closed miced, touching the grill. File 2 and 4 are miced 1" away from grill.

EDIT 2: The speakers have been mixed 50/50 % during recording.

When loading the IR´s into the Cab Block you should set the High Cut to about 9600 Hz.

One odd thing: the file "2x12 BOGNER 1.syx" will be displayed as "empty" in your user slot after drag´n´drop in cab manager, but it will be there. I could not rename it properly in the cab manager (bug?)

I hope you enjoy these IR´s and please post your experience with them ! ( How did you use them, which Amps etc.)

One Question for the IR experts out there: Is there a software you can edit self-captured IR´s with EQ, Noise reduction, etc. ? Probably converting them to .wav files,CabLab ?

Cheers !

UPDATE:

I made a new set of IR´s this time with the help of CabLab which allowed me to export the captured IR´s as raw .ir files.

This time i recorded each speaker seperately.

Unfortunately this forum does not allow to upload .ir files so I used a free file host.

You can download the zip-folder here: http://www.filedropper.com/rawir

Have fun !

Attachments

• 2x12 BOGNER 1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 2x12 BOGNER 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 2x12 BOGNER 3.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 2x12 BOGNER 4.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
These are really nice! You're right about the tight low end.

Edit: WOW. These REALLY rock. LOVE it with the Triaxis model. Just fantastic.

Do you have .ir files to mix the different speakers in CabLab?

Last edited:

Thank you very much for the kind words !

Try the 2x12 BOGNER 4 IR with the ENGL Savage 120 Model , i love this one with my 59 LP ,so woody !

To be clear: The IR´s are already a mix of the V30 and the G12H , about 50/50 %. I recorded both speakers simultaniously mixing them together on my analog mixer to the Axe FX via IR Capture mode.

I dont know how i can export the recorded IR´s as .ir files. Maybe someone can enlighten me ;-)

Thanks again for checking out the IR´s !

Last edited:
I've never recorded impulses, so I'm exactly sure on that.

But that's the model I'm playing it with right now (my main metal patch) and it just insane. I cannot believe how nice it is. You deserve a beer.

Ditto!

Any chance you can share the IR's so we can mix and match?

Ditto!

Any chance you can share the IR's so we can mix and match?

Hi,

thank you for checking out my IR´s !

Please read post #3

I do not have CabLab (yet). When i figure out how exporting .ir files works, i will post the .ir files.

As I said in post #3, the speakers are already mixed during recording of the IR´s.

Cheers !

To be clear: The IR´s are already a mix of the V30 and the G12H , about 50/50 %.

Quick question: if they're mixed 50/50 for each, why are there 4 different IRs? If they were 50/50, shouldn't there only be two: G12H E906/V30 57 and G12H 57/V30 E906?

One odd thing: the file "2x12 BOGNER 1.syx" will be displayed as "empty" in your user slot after drag´n´drop in cab manager, but it will be there. I could not rename it properly in the cab manager (bug?)

Yeah, mine did the same thing, but I used CabLab to rename the IR and it worked perfectly. It didn't change the name of the file on the computer, just the name that showed up on the screen. It was set to EMPTY when I pulled it up.

Quick question: if they're mixed 50/50 for each, why are there 4 different IRs? If they were 50/50, shouldn't there only be two: G12H E906/V30 57 and G12H 57/V30 E906?

Hi,

thats a good question, I was not clear about that.

I made 2 IR´s of each speaker/microphone combination with slightly different microphone positions. File 1 and 3 are closed miced, touching the grill. File 2 and 4 are miced 1" away from grill.

I hope that makes sense :)

Cheers !

Can't wait to try these. Always loved the Bogner 2x12 oversized cab! Always filled the room as good or better than 90% of the 4x12 cabs on the market! Will report after I have a chance to try them out!

Can't wait to try these. Always loved the Bogner 2x12 oversized cab! Always filled the room as good or better than 90% of the 4x12 cabs on the market! Will report after I have a chance to try them out!

Hi,

I am looking forward to your report :)

The Bogner is really a very nice cab, and the speaker combination I choosed is killer ( at least for my ears ). The IR´s I made are brighter than the most stock IR´s in the Axe fx, certainly not suited to every amp but they sound very

"live" and "organic" to me. My favourite amp in the axe fx with my IR´s is the ENGL Savage 120 model (Angle Severe) but i have not tried all the amps ( toooo much amps to choose from ).

Have fun checking them out, cheers !

Quick question, I'm at work so I can't check it myself : are IRs captured with an XL compatible with a MK II Axe ?

Quick question, I'm at work so I can't check it myself : are IRs captured with an XL compatible with a MK II Axe ?

If I'm not mistaken, I read something somewhere a lil while back where Cliff said that FractalBot & Axe Edit both had the language to convert cabs back and forth for both versions. It's the presets from the XL that are too big for the Axe Fx II to load, however the XL can load the presets from the II.

I did a new IR recording, this time each speaker seperately and in .ir format.

Please read my initial post, there is the download link.

Thanks !

The G12H e906 1 Off works well with the Tucana. Not an easy amp to pair up with IRs! Very nice job, and thank you!

Back
Top Bottom