2nd Pitch Block

RobbyDeeMusic

Inspired
I know this has been discussed and I did a search but have not seen any definitive answer whether or not a 2nd Pitch block will be added to the FM9/3. I have the FM9 Turbo and was wondering if Fractal can verify the possibility of adding this 2nd Pitch block (or is it even a possibility) before I go out and buy a Digitech Drop pedal. I want to use the existing Pitch block for other things vs drop tuning and yet need to drop tune certain songs due to vocal range.

It's a common request - but I don't think we're up for another one yet. Just my thoughts though I'm no Fractal insider - if you need a block in the front of your preset (tuning down to Eb or D, or a Whammy pedal) and you also want to make use of the detune or harmony capabilities you should check out "Moke’s Magical Moving Pitch Block" in last year's Gift of Tone freebies - it's a heck of a prest which doesn't allow for much else but it works just like having two pitch blocks - as long as you only use one at once.

It's a common request - but I don't think we're up for another one yet. Just my thoughts though I'm no Fractal insider - if you need a block in the front of your preset (tuning down to Eb or D, or a Whammy pedal) and you also want to make use of the detune or harmony capabilities you should check out "Moke’s Magical Moving Pitch Block" in last year's Gift of Tone freebies - it's a heck of a prest which doesn't allow for much else but it works just like having two pitch blocks - as long as you only use one at once.
Thanks for the response, but I need to drop tune and do harmony pitch at the same time so I don't think that will work for me.

I'm currently using a Drop in front of my FM9. Works fine. The Fractal pitch block's VC is a little better I think but not by a ton--the Drop works fine. Get one used and sell it for the same price if they ever add a 2nd block or dedicated VC block.

I'm currently using a Drop in front of my FM9. Works fine. The Fractal pitch block's VC is a little better I think but not by a ton--the Drop works fine. Get one used and sell it for the same price if they ever add a 2nd block or dedicated VC block.
Good to know, will most likely buy used and then re-sell it later. I heard the Drop was a pretty good pedal but have never used one. Thx

Was hoping to have Cliff or someone on the inside to tell us what the plan is for this "wish" as I know many want it. A little crumb might be sufficient. 😁
It's possible but highly improbable! FAS rarely if ever telegraphs anything they are doing or are going to do. It either happens or it doesn't.

This is not just any block, so very unlikely, esp. in a firmware that is not the last ever.

My hunch is that in theory it just might work, but it would leave no breathing space for other features and fluent operation, which remains more important ATM.

If they want to be extremely generous, they could make a final firmware that throws out some stuff and safely adds a 2nd Pitch Block. It may lose a bunch of customers for gen IV though, yet not totally impossible.

In the end it's on you to make the right decision on purchase... It taught me to buy the flagship again next time.

Back
Top Bottom