250$ for Metallica Black Album Preset

I think one of the coolest new bands Iā€™ve heard on the 2000s is Royal Blood. Iā€™d suggest you guys check it out. So there is good music coming out.

But like many of you, I am having a harder and harder time separating the wheat from the chaff. Thereā€™s just so much music coming out every week! Hard to keep up with the times.

Like many, I just stopped trying and pretty much rely on my trusty collection of CDs. And yes, I also live in the 80s, but also got a good chunk of the 90s in my head growing up.

This is Out of the Black by Royal Blood, the song that got me into the band. Hard to believe itā€™s just a bassist and a guitarist! Space age! Video is superb too.

PS: Sorry, the video canā€™t show up here. No nudity or anything, itā€™s just gratuitous violence.

Last edited:
I think one of the coolest new bands Iā€™ve heard on the 2000s is Royal Blood. Iā€™d suggest you guys check it out. So there is good music coming out.

But like many of you, I am having a harder and harder time separating the wheat from the chaff. Thereā€™s just so much music coming out every week! Hard to keep up with the times.

Like many, I just stopped trying and pretty much rely on my trusty collection of CDs. And yes, I also live in the 80s, but also got a good chunk of the 90s in my head growing up.

This is Out of the Black by Royal Blood, the song that got me into the band. Hard to believe itā€™s just a bassist and a guitarist! Space age! Video is superb too.

PS: Sorry, the video canā€™t show up here. No nudity or anything, itā€™s just gratuitous violence.

Isnt that an old band? I think I heard them 5+ years ago. I like Nothing But Thieves as well. Also been around lile 10 years. There is a lot of good music out there. The problem isnt lack of quality, its just the market is saturated with thousands of legit bands. In the 70s and 80s there were only a hundred choices the whole planet had to choose from.

Beca
its just the market is saturated with thousands of legit bands. In the 70s and 80s there were only a hundred choices the whole planet had to choose from.
Because we only had rock magazines/fanzines and rare radio stations. labels had staff paid to find ā€œthe best bandsā€. it sorted. today it is a total disaster since we are all self-produced. You put out a record, no one cares, they scroll through the song on their phone, listen for 15 seconds which takes you a year and move on.
The more it goes on, the more I don't want to release any more albums. For 20 years, I have been releasing one or two records a year. The new one got all the music but no vocals yet, I quit in May, it's Septemberā€¦. Because I know I'll only get a few views and no attention so... I make records for myself first, ok, but before the internet I had more feedbackšŸ¤·. This topic is going to give me depressionšŸ˜…

I think Moke's tonematch preset is the closest for sure. nothing beats tonematch. but it also makes my point that sitting there playing guitar with a preset doesn't sound the same as recording it and playing it back. On my axe-fx III playing in the room with my guitar, my preset still sounds close, but on playback it's not even in the same neighborhood. So building on the closest preset so far, I added a multiband comp and adjusted to make it a little more polished. feel free to try this one and polish it even more.

Attachments

• Metallica Black4(Singtall&Moke).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
I think Moke's tonematch preset is the closest for sure. nothing beats tonematch. but it also makes my point that sitting there playing guitar with a preset doesn't sound the same as recording it and playing it back. On my axe-fx III playing in the room with my guitar, my preset still sounds close, but on playback it's not even in the same neighborhood. So building on the closest preset so far, I added a multiband comp and adjusted to make it a little more polished. feel free to try this one and polish it even more.
I'll give it a try !
Thanks Singtall !!

I'm doing
Hook me up with one of those IIC+ā€™s and Iā€™ll have your preset ready in about an hour, I just need to get out of work first.
I've started doing some modifications in my "studio control room" few weeks ago and i'm using my "cabs room " (where the recording cabs are) as a stocking room for that transition period so i can't mic anything at the moment...

Iā€™ve championed (and been shot down here) for the Slate VSX headphones. You must take the room out of your presets if you expect them to translate, unless you have a room acoustically treated to the point you can trust it. Doesnā€™t matter how good your playback or monitoring is. If the room has problems, the preset will not translate.

It is. And it does sound great. Not that many presets made by others work for me out of the box, but this one does. Very minimal tweaking and there's lots it can be used for. Thank you @AlbertA !
Iā€™ll give it a try tomorrow! Too bad I no longer have my Explorer with EMGā€™s

Back
Top Bottom