214: Wide Chorus Double

A to the T

Experienced
This V11p1 factory preset doesn't seem to work properly for me.

AMP2 is a Double Verb and no matter what I do, it has no sound coming out. I only noticed this as I run FRFR and I only had sound on the left channel

I've checked all the settings, levels, balances etc. I've tried all sorts of things.

Anyone else verify the same for me please? Maybe I'm missing something?

i.e. if you disable amp 1 and set bypass mode to mute on it you will see what I mean.

Should mention I'm on FW 11.05

Thanks in advance.

AMP2 is working here. Try this: set AMP 1's bypass mode to MUTE and then bypass the block. You'll still hear sound.

Check your I/O settings and make sure you're not set to COPY L->R on the output you're using.

I can't check out that preset because my Axe is packed away for a gig (man, how I miss being able to pull up a patch in Axe-Edit without my 900-cubic-inch dongle attached), but look out for phase inversions. If you're using Phase Reverse parameter on the Chrus, or any other block that can invert the phase of one channel relative to the other, you can wind up with phase cancelation that can completely zero-out your audio.

AMP2 is working here. Try this: set AMP 1's bypass mode to MUTE and then bypass the block. You'll still hear sound.

Check your I/O settings and make sure you're not set to COPY L->R on the output you're using.

Thanks, yes thats what I said, I disabled amp1 and set bypass to mute. No sound from amp2. If I delete amp2 and put a different amp back in then I get sound.... iaresee are you on 11.05 and using the v11p1 factory presets?

The problem here is that Amp1 has Input Select to Right. Should be left when using the front input. If you're using output mode Copy L>R, Amp2 can only be heard faintly in that preset (with Amp1 muted). Set it to Left.

P.S. Puzzles me why Amp2 still is heard at all when Input Select is set to Right, the front input is used (Front / Left Only) and there's only one row active. Almost seems like there's some crosstalk at the input. Rex, any idea?

The problem here is that Amp1 has Input Select to Right. Should be left when using the front input. If you're using output mode Copy L>R, Amp2 can only be heard faintly in that preset (with Amp1 muted). Set it to Left.

P.S. Puzzles me why Amp2 still is heard at all when Input Select is set to Right, the front input is used (Front / Left Only) and there's only one row active. Almost seems like there's some crosstalk at the input. Rex, any idea?

The amp input selects are used to get a stereo chorus sound in that preset. The one w/ insel = R will get signal as long as the I/O menu input mode is "left". I'm guessing the OP has it set to "stereo", which is pointless if In 1R isn't being used.

The amp input selects are used to get a stereo chorus sound in that preset. The one w/ insel = R will get signal as long as the I/O menu input mode is "left". I'm guessing the OP has it set to "stereo", which is pointless if In 1R isn't being used.

Ah ha! Thanks guys. I actually have my vg99 plugged into rear input and selected as left with instrument input on front selected as right I believe. When I get back home I will check but im sure you've led me to the issue with this patch. Sounds like its a stereo input patch. Im set up this way so I can use my GK enabled guitar and my standard electric guitars without constantly plugging/unplugging cables. Thanks for the replies!

Aha, so it's on purpose.

How can Amp2 receive/process signal when its Input Select is set to Right, while I/O IN1 is set to Left only? I assume there's some summing done. But the tone sounds different from using IN1 SumL+R.

In this case you could use a volume or mixer block at the start of the preset to select one signal or the other, while continuing to use stereo input mode.

Aha, so it's on purpose.

How can Amp2 receive/process signal when its Input Select is set to Right, while I/O IN1 is set to Left only? I assume there's some summing done. But the tone sounds different from using IN1 SumL+R.

Left only is really "copy L > R"; the signal entering the grid is your selected left input as both L & R channels.

Sum L+R does weird things to the levels, where the overall & relative levels won't be the same in each channel unless you have the 2 I/O input levels at a specific ratio. So you're probably noticing a change in level from stereo.

Reactions: yek
Thanks, yes thats what I said, I disabled amp1 and set bypass to mute. No sound from amp2. If I delete amp2 and put a different amp back in then I get sound.... iaresee are you on 11.05 and using the v11p1 factory presets?

I am on 11.05 with the latest presets. Sounds like bakerman and yek got it solved for you though.

Yes thanks everyone! Confirmed, this patch is a stereo input one. My I/O is set to Input 1 left Select Rear and Input 1 mode Stereo which pushes the INSTR input to the right side.
As soon as I changed input 1 mode to Left only it sounds great. Still learning everyday. Lots of complexities in the Axe and lots of great help here. I also learned that if I expect stereo oddities again, to first check the "other" section of the amp blocks and see if the input is set to L, R or SUM L+R

I finally got my Axe back home so I could check this out.

At first, I was getting all kinds of signal out with Amp 1 muted and Amp 2 Input Select set to Right. Then I remembered that I keep Input 1 Mode set to L+R SUM so I can use wired and wireless independently. When I changed that to STEREO, output level dropped to nothing, as reported in the OP.

But seriously, nothing at all. No little bleed-through or anything. Maybe there's some crosstalk in your chain outside of the Axe itself.

Edit:

I just read Bakerman's responses and realized I'm on the wrong track regarding external crosstalk.

As to why Amp 2 is getting signal when its Input Select is set to Right...Amp 2 is being fed from a stereo chorus, not from the input to the grid.

Last edited:
As to why Amp 2 is getting signal when its Input Select is set to Right...Amp 2 is being fed from a stereo chorus, not from the input to the grid.

Chorus or not, your guitar enters the grid as both left & right channels when input 1 mode is left only. The chorus w/ spread at 100% is just chorusing each channel independently.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom